chapter XV ༄

If I'm so special why am I secret?

| Teacher's Pet - Melanie Martinez

(DISCLAIMER: the song itself is NOT about a teacher-student relationship. It's about thinking that you are important, meanwhile people are just taking advantage of you.)

 "Today we will be making a Love Potion, also known as Amortentia

"Today we will be making a Love Potion, also known as Amortentia. I am sure you all remember what that is. But! It's going to be different, because you will be working in pairs, competing with each other. And of course, I will be the one to pair you up." the professor smiled, receiving a mixture of cheers and 'boo's from the students.

"Mr Avery and Miss Sakura." Slughorn read the pairings out loud.

The list kept going on and on. When the professor said the name 'Riddle', Tom raised his eyebrows, clenching his jaw.

"And lastly... Mr Riddle with Miss Wallis." he put the paper on his desk, smiling.

Tom looked at Julia, who was visibly wearing an uneasy look on her face. She walked over to his table, putting her books on it.

"Where do we start?" Julia asked.

"We? Julia, this is a competition." Tom crossed his arms.

Julia raised an eyebrow. "Oh, is it? Well then..." she leaned to his ear. "May the best win."

It was intense. Both students knew what they were doing. They would sometimes lock eyes, but not for long.

"Time is up, my dears." Slughorn announced. He walked through the class, analyzing each potion. He would nod if the potion was good, and shake his head if the potion was bad. He arrived at Tom's and Julia's table, his eyes widened when analyzing the potions.

"Tom... this is.. not complete." he shook his head.

Tom furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean, professor? I've done everything correctly. I don't see a problem."

"Well, on the contrary, Tom. I have no clue of what you have added in this, but the texture is simply... bad. Though I can't say that in Julia's case." the professor turned his gaze towards the girl. "Miss Wallis, your potion is the best one I've seen today. Congratulations, twenty points for Ravenclaw!"

"Oh my, thank you, professor!" Julia smiled. She turned to look at Tom, who's face was red like a tomato. She chuckled. "Jealous much?"

"Oh, shut up." Tom rolled his eyes, leaning above Julia's cauldron, inhaling the smell of her potion. "Cheater." he muttered. "What did you put in this?"

"Excuse me?!" Julia gasped. "You're just being salty because my potion was better than yours. Admit it."

Tom shook his head. "It smells like perfume, Julia... Your perfume."

There was a moment of silence. Tom looked at Julia, who's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

"But that's..." Julia didn't know what to say. "That's a love potion, Riddle. It smells like the person you are attracted to."

When Tom realized that Julia was right, his eyes widened. He looked away, slightly blushing.

"What do you smell?" he asked her, still looking away.

"I-"

"Class dismissed." the professor announced, interrupting their conversation.

Julia quickly put her books back into her bag, heading towards the door.

"Ah, Miss Wallis." Slughorn stopped her. "I would like to ask you something, if you don't mind."

"Sure, professor. What is it?" she asked while holding the door handle.

"As you may know, I uh, sometimes plan these little gatherings with some of my closest students. Now, Tom would be the closest, so his friends are also my friends. Therefore I would like to invite you to my Christmas Party this Thursday."

"Thank you, professor. But me and Tom... we aren't really friends." she sighed, opening the door.

"Oh, don't be silly, Miss Wallis. I've seen the two of you and you get along pretty well. I would like you to at least consider it."

"Of course." Julia nodded, leaving the classroom.

As she closed the door behind her, someone grabbed the back of her robe, pulling her along with it.

"What the-" Julia gasped. "Avery?"

"Listen here, you little twat! I have no idea what you did to Tom, but you are NOT going to join the Slug Club!" his tone was threatening.

"Great! I wasn't going to anyway." she whispered back. "Now let go of me!"

Avery smirked as he pushed her away from him. "Good. You've already done enough damage to him."

The boy walked away. Julia rolled her eyes, making her way to the Ravenclaw Tower. As she was walking through the corridors, she spotted Severus Snape at the end of the hallway talking to Tom, who's back was facing Julia.

She quickly hid behind a pillar, not wanting to be noticed.

"You're miserable. Running to me, asking for help with a girl who clearly has no feelings for you. Who do you think I am, Severus?" Julia heard Tom's voice.

"Please! I'll do anything." Severus pleaded.

"Anything, you say?"

"Yes."

"Fine. I'll help you with your pathetic problem. But from now on, you will do as I say. For that matter, I want you to help me with something that has caught my attention in the past days. It is rather...intriguing."

"...Alright. What is that you want me to do?" Severus asked with slight regret in his voice.

"I have asked professor Slughorn about dark magic, but he insisted I don't have to know about it. I want you to give him the Truth Serum, Veritaserum and find out where the book about this kind of magic is."

"I am not sure what to say... It sounds risky."

"What a pity." Tom spat in an annoyed tone. "Say goodbye to your filthy mudblood love interest. I'll find the book myself." the sound of his footsteps started to fade.

Julia frowned in curiosity. She rushed to the common room, where she sat down on one of the blue couches, deep in her thoughts.

She had a plan.

EDIT: HEYY GUYS WTF 1K VIEWS?! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

EDIT: y'all the timelines are messed up ik ik😭 just pretend they're in the same era, idfk what i was thinking while writing this, please ignore it

Lots'a kisses and hugs🖤 STAY SAFE!