White Swan

The next time he wakes up, he finds a ceiling over his head. What was once a dark sky filled with twinkling stars, this time the top of a hut greets his gaze.

He slowly blinks, feeling his face numb, no doubt from the punches he had received from the soldier. He moves his body and lets out an inhale when he no longer feels the pain cursing through his bones.

His head tilts up a bit, finding himself laid on a wooden sofa. The first thing his eyes lays upon when he looks up is the small kitchen located right in front of him and a figure who stands and working around it.

His body freezes.

Frail and small, the figure of a female stands before a stove, no doubt cooking the source of which the salivating smell was coming from. Her body adores a knee sized silk white frock and her jet black hair falls down to her hips, soft and shiny as she works.

She was barefoot and her shoulders were relaxed, making him release the tension in his own body when he senses no danger around.

It takes him a moment to remember and his eyes widen at the back of the female when it hits him.

She was the one who cut off his cuffs.

He fully goes to sit up on his place and everything was so silent that the sudden voice of his shirt dragging up against the sheet of the sofa had the female tensing up. She snaps her head around and his breath is caught in his throat the very moment.

Wide doe eyes stare at him and he can not help but stare back. Feature soft like her figure, he drinks in the innocent gaze of her eyes. For a second, he is convinced that the figure before him is a child but many of her other features gave her away.

Her small pouty lips part, apple round cheeks dusting a pretty blush. "Baba.." She calls. "He is awake." She informs someone, voice light.

He sits still in his place, gaze never wavering away as he hears the thumping of heavy steps approaching the living room. A man skips out of a door while whipping his wet hand with a cloth.

The young man turns his eyes towards the elder man who smiles at him, eyes kind and features gentle. "How do you feel now, son?"

The young man racks his eyes over the elder man before giving a small nod. He sits up straight in his place as the elder approaches him and takes a seat in front of him.

"My daughter saw you with the north soldier." The elder informs, pointing his eyes towards the female in the room. The younger man glance at her, finding her still gazing at them with tense shoulders.

"Did not have any choice so I shot him after witnessing him aggressive. We brought you here after you fainted and tended your injuries here and there. Do you remember?" The elder questions.

"Yes.." The younger man clears his throat, finding them raw and hoarse from the little use of vocals for the past many hours.

"My name is Min Ji-kyung and that is my daughter Y/n. We have been here for months, stuck in the north to escape to the south. What should we call you?" The elder asks.

The younger man takes a moment before mumbling. "..Jeon Jungkook."

"My son. You must be hungry. Y/n, be a dear and get us some food. Jungkook here must regain his strength back. Poor man looks frail." The older man turns to his daughter while dragging a small wooden stool from the side of the living room.

Y/n waits a second before turning on her heels and grabbing the tray she had prepared. Jungkook watches from under his grown bangs as she carries the tray towards the stool placed between them.