The First Task

Previously:

I was surrounded by my family, the champions, and the Slytherins almost immediately, all who were muttering one of two things: that they were going to kill the headmaster or that they would help me, and that I would be fine. It was nice knowing that there were people willing to help me and that I didn't have to do everything on my own anymore. I slowly calmed down, and once I had, everyone slowly went back to their seats, but I knew they will always help me.

Suddenly, I yawned. All that crying and my panic attack must've made me tired. Papa took me off of Dray's lap and started rubbing my back softly, humming a soft tune while the others in the room discussed what they should have me learn. I stuffed my face into Papa's neck, and slowly fell asleep, knowing that people are there to help me and that they always would be.

Now:

It was the day of the first task. My parents were in the stand under glamour spells with Draco and the other Slytherins. A family member of all the champions is present in the tent with them, of course, except for me. Sev stood with me instead, his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly every once in a while to help keep me calm. It helps a little, but I'm still panicking on the inside slightly, especially when Mr. Crouch is handing around a bag for us to pick our dragon opponent, as well as the order we go in. Fleur drew the Welsh Green with a 1 around its neck, Krum drew the Chinese Fireball labeled 2, Cedric the Swedish Short-Snout labeled 3, and I drew the Hungarian Horntail labeled 4. I descended into pure panic at that moment, because I remembered from our research we had been doing the past few weeks, the Hungarian Horntail was one of the most dangerous dragons out there. I didn't hear another word that Mr. Crouch said, as I was busy panicking. Sev knew this and kept squeezing my shoulder, giving me something to hone my attention on.

When I managed to calm down enough to be aware of my surroundings, Sev had brought me to a secluded place and placed me on his lap. He was slightly rocking back and forth, murmuring how much he loved me and that I would be fine over and over again. The champions had surrounded us so no one could get a clear look at what was going on. They each also had a hand on my back, all of which were rubbing circles into my back. When he realized that I was more aware of my surroundings, Sev pulled back slightly, looked into my eyes and wiped away my dried tears that were left. Fleur gently told me what Mr. Crouch had said, which was that the task was to collect the golden egg from the nest. She told me that she had to go out now and that she'd be fine. I nodded slightly and whispered to her "Good luck. Stay safe." She smiled and left the tent.

"She's going to be fine Hades, don't worry about her. Don't worry about any of us. Just focus on yourself and remember what we've learned over the past few weeks, and the strategy we've come up with. Can you repeat it?" Cedric asked me, looking me in the eyes softly. 

"As soon as I leave the tent and enter the arena, I'm going to cast Sonorous on my throat. Then, based on our studies, I'm going to speak in parseltongue to the dragon. Hopefully, I'll be able to convince it that I mean no harm and just want the egg. If not, I'll use a protego and the other spells you've taught me to fight the dragon and accio the egg to myself." I say softly. He nods softly and so does Viktor. By that time, Fleur has entered and received her score. Now it's Viktor's turn. I whisper the same thing to him as I did with Fleur. Fleur thankfully did not have any injuries, so she got a calming draught from Madame Pomphrey, and then came and sit with me, Sev, and Cedric. Sev had regretfully had to take me off of his lap, but I still sat near him, with him rubbing circles into my back. Viktor returned with a small burn and his score after some time. Cedric left, and before he left, I told him the same thing I'd been saying to Fleur and Viktor, and he was gone. Viktor had returned from getting a paste from Madame Pomphrey for his burn, yet before he could apply it, my magic reached out to him and healed the wound. Sev, Fleur, and him quickly looked me over and scanned over me to make sure my magic was fine and that I hadn't in any way exhausted my reserves. By the time they were done, Cedric had returned, and it was my turn.

Sev gave me a quick kiss on the forehead, and I felt his magic surround me. The same happened with Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric. They each gave me a kiss or a hug, and after each one, I felt their magic layer on top of Sev's layer. I gave them a quick smile and quickly stepped out. As soon as I did, I locked eyes with the Slytherins and Mama and Papa, and I felt more layers of magic pile on top of the layers already present, but before I could focus on it, I had to jump back as the dragon spewed fire at me. Quickly, I placed a protego shield over myself and a sonorous on my throat and immediately started speaking in parseltongue.

Dear lady, I mean you no harm nor do I mean to steal your eggs. Ther is one egg in your clutch that is not yours. I need it for this ridiculous tournament. Please, if you can, give me the golden egg and you'll be left alone.

Youngling, she spoke back to me.  I also do not mean you any harm. I will be happy to give you the fake egg in my clutch. Your papa told all of us dragons about you and that you need to be protected. Here you go, and stay safe.

 I clutched the egg to myself, bowed slightly, received my score, and scurried into the tent, ready to be cuddled to death by my family, and happy that I survived with barely a scratch.

A/N (4/13/2020) - So today I lost power, and this was what happened to make it happen. This is right outside of my home. We managed to get a generator running and connected to our wifi, which is how I managed to update today!