Step-Mother

Faye's POV

I dropped my spoon as I was startled when I heard my phone ring. God, that scared the hell out of me. I opened my phone and saw the caller ID.Mom? Why is she calling?

"Hey mom"

"Hello Dear, Did you pack your bags already?" What? Pack my bags? Why?

"Dear, I called you last time to say that the house is going to be renovated right? The renovation is going to be in two days... I told you that remember?" She asked when I was silent for a while

"Oh my god... That slipped my mind!" I exclaimed as I clutch my forehead. Oh my god, what do I do?

"Mom, I still wasn't able to look for a new house... I-" I was interrupted as I was trying to explain

"Oh! That... Actually dear, I may have accepted an offer of where you can stay for a while the renovation is still ongoing." She said slowly for me to comprehend

"W-what?? I was not informed about this" I answered

"I'm sorry for not informing you dear... It's just that I was talking to my friend about you and I well... She offered me that and I was just so caught of the moment so I accepted it" She reasoned out

"Also, you know how hard it is to look for a safe house dear... I also don't want you to have a hard time looking so I thought maybe this offer is good. Little one please accepts the offer. I will really feel bad since I already accepted it. I'm so sorry." She said almost tearing up as her voice faltered and cracked.

"I... I get it mom, don't worry..." I said softly feeling kind of bad. She only wanted to help me

"Really?! Thank god, Thank you dear. Don't worry, my friend said that you will not be alone there since his son and grandson lives there. You love kids right? I'm sure you'll like it there!!"

"I'm sure I will mom, so, don't worry now okay??" It's not like I can say no to her. After all, the freedom that I have now is all thanks to her.

She helped me persuade my father. Thank god my father is madly in love with my step-mother. Yes, she's my step mother. My real mother is her best friend but my mother never really loved my father nor me.

She left me in the apartment of my step mother and she raised me like her true daughter. No, I am her daughter. She loves me and accepts me for who I really am. She was supportive and always made me her priority. Well, she spoils me too much.
After 10 years, my father found out about me and fought for custody over me but we ended up with a setup where we all lived under one roof and my step mother and father ended up being together.

When I turned 20, I fought for my freedom because I wanted to be independent. My father never liked that idea but my mom helped me. She persuaded my father it was tough job but my mom fought for it so hard that my father was left with no choice.

I owe my freedom to my mom. I walked to my room and started packing. I wonder about the people whom I'm gonna live with until the renovation is done. I hope we go along well.

I heard meowing getting closer to me. I stood up and opened my door Faith walked in my room and settled herself in the bag that is full of clothes.

"Faith little one... we need to change homes for a while. But don't worry. You'll be with me" I said while petting her.