Chapter 17 part 2

"So, what's the plan?" I ask staring at him.

He stared at me and shook his head. "What? You just didn't expect me to barge in and make a meal out of them, right?"

He said nothing, and I spurted with laughter.

"What a mediocre plan!"

"Well, maybe it didn't sound like such an awful think-tank plan at first," Nik said as he stood from the small sofa.

I hummed, and shook my head. I took the liberty to finally look at the mansion itself. It was extremely beautiful. Has not been as decorated as I expected a large house to be, nonetheless, an appearance could be meaningless if its host is unapproachable.

"You should make your home more...well that. Make it feel more like home," I explained.

"I don't have time to decorate my walls in pink and blue, I've got time only for sufficiency, and ideas."

"Please, you're like a raccoon in search of its next meal. You feed off people's belief like a leech!"

He mutters an, "I understand," and I smile. If we're going to form a plan, we had to get that out of the way, plus I had been explained all of the horrible things he had previously done. Most of those things were against my friends, and even against his own brother. I don't know if Elijah and I are an item, but I do know one thing, my feelings are strong.

"Well then, are you ready to continue with our plans?"

I nod. "Just tell me what to do."

He tossed me a small glass valve, and I stare at it in confuse. What in the hell is this?

"It's vervain. It prevents you from being compelled," he explains.

I stared at him in astonishment. "Do you not know I'm dead?"

"Yes, but I can also compel, did my brother not explain to you?" he asks walking closer.

"I don't...I don't think so."

He smiled, not a peaceful smile, but more of an, I'm glad you found out from me, smile. He told me to drink it, so I did so, and instantly regretted it, but didn't spit it out. It burned, so much! I saw him start to make his way over to the door, and I called out to him in my hurt voice, "where are you going?"

"We've got to go meet our new friends, don't you think?" he asked.

I laughed and smiled. "Let's be on our way, then, Gemma."

An awkward car ride later.

"Can they hear us coming?" I asked as we walked through the woods.

"I'll smell them before they hear or do the same as myself. I have stronger senses," Nik replied.

I hummed in response, and we continued our walk through the woods. We were deep within the forest, practically a no mans land. Anyone could easily get lost here, including myself if I didn't have a good sense of direction.

Suddenly, Nik stopped walking, and I did the same. They're up ahead. They can not smell me yet, but they will smell you within seconds.

"I suggest you walk up to them, you can tell them you barely transformed, love. Just say you need help, and I'll surprise them. See you in a fragment."

He quickly left and I stood there shocked. I had to play the whole new vampire thing.

I walked towards where Nik directed me to, and was instantly pinned against a tree. "Who are you?"