nineteen

Gryffindor Common Room

Hermione and Ron stormed into the Gryffindor Common Room looking for Harry. Seeing that he was not in there, Ron opened the door to the boy's dormitory. It was there he saw Harry.

"Harry! Where were you? We tried messaging you but you didn't respond.", Ron walked over to Harry. Hermione cautiously peeked her head into the boy's dormitory, and entered when she saw only Harry and Ron in the room.

Harry was in a daze. His eyes were blank, void of any emotions. It wasn't until when Ron stuck his face into his line of sight did he realise that they were there.

"Ron, Hermione? Why are you here? It's currently charms, isn't it?", he asked.

Ron shook his head, "Harry, charms ended a long time ago. Transfiguration also just ended. We're having free period right now, that's why we're here. What's happened? Are you okay?"

Harry sat up and covered his eyes with one of his hands. "I don't know.. It's just that... That....", Harry trailed off. He didn't know whether to tell them or not.

Hermione placed her hand on Harry's shoulder, "Harry, we're your best friends. We'll always be here for you."

Harry shook his head, "No, you don't get it.. It's not me, it's Draco."

"Draco? What happened to him?", Hermione asked.

"In the Hospital Wing, with Pansy and Blaise.", Harry responded, voice on the brink of cracking.

Hermione and Ron looked at each other. "Don't worry, we'll go see Draco.", Hermione turned to smile at Harry as Ron nodded. They expected Harry to want to tag along, but he simply just laid back down and pulled his blanket over him.

Hermione and Ron looked at each other again, what came over Harry? They left the room, closing the door behind them. As they got ready to leave the common room, Hermione asked, "Is Harry alright? He seemed pretty shaken up. Do you think..."

"Realising his feelings for Draco? I doubt so.", Ron completed her sentence. "I wonder what happened to Draco.", he continued as they left the common room

Hospital Wing

Ron and Hermione entered the hospital wing and look around for the Slytherin trio. They saw the back of Blaise and Pansy at the side of one of the beds and headed there.

Walking closer, Hermione thought she heard Pansy crying, her shoulders shaking uncontrollably. "Pansy?", Hermione called out.

Blaise and Pansy turned behind. Upon seeing them, Pansy immediately stood up and ran into Hermione's embrace. She continued crying as Hermione hugged her tightly.

"Blaise, what happened?", Ron walked towards Blaise, looked at Pansy, then Draco and back at Blaise.

Blaise looked away, "Draco.. He has been trying to get rid of his Dark Mark."

"It's not gone yet? But Voldemort is dead!", Ron looked at Draco.

Blaise nodded, "But his mark was still there."

"Wait, so what do you mean he tried to get rid of his Dark Mark.", Ron grabbed Blaise by his sides, forcing Blaise to look at him.

"He..", Blaise trailed off before he continued, "Disfigured his mark, by cutting."

Ron looked at Blaise in shock.

"It's not the first time. Last week, I found Draco in the bathroom. It was the first time he was sent here.", Blaise explained. "He was still pretty healthy then, so it took about two days for him to recover, he went against Madame Pomfrey's advice to leave the Hospital Wing.

After overhearing this, Hermione couldn't help but to hug her girlfriend tighter. She knew that Pansy blamed herself for not realising that Draco was cutting himself the entire time.