Chapter 62: Athea and Zendala

Seungmin walked down the corridors of the Kim mansion in search for his father. Byungho was following him while looking around a little to maybe spot Lucifer in the corridors they crossed on their way. They both had no clue where their father could be, since renewing the barriers around the mansion and preparing a teleportation to a different location required a lot of position changes to get good results.

The younger of the two brothers was tempted to try a tracking rune, even though he knew it was useless. You couldn't just track down the devil with magic created by creatures born and raised on earth. Seungmin lightly clenched his teeth when they walked passed the stairs, which lead to the first floor for the second time.

"Any ideas where he might be?", Seungmin broke the silence between him and Byungho, while internally hoping the other would make a suggestion. To Seungmin's disappointment Byungho lightly shook his head as an answer.

"Who are you searching for?", a female voice came from the stairs. Seungmin looked up to see his mother walking down the stairs. She looked unbothered by the current situation and Seungmin swore she even had traces of a smile on her blood-red lips.

Seungmin had to bite back a comment about this, since he could imagine what caused his mother's happiness. She lost two "rivals" she hated with all her heart in the span of two days. If this wasn't the reason for her happiness Seungmin would doubt his own sanity.

A quick glance to Byungho, who silently stood beside him, told the redhead that his older brother either hadn't notice the faint smile of victory on his mother's lips, or pretended to not have noticed, hence why he wasn't showing any kind of reaction.

"We are searching for father", Seungmin answered, talking with a rather cold voice. Lilith finished walking down the stairs and stood in front of the two boys. Her red eyes quickly scanned over the boys' faces before a light grin made it's way onto her face.

"Currently he is in the garden preparing the teleportation of the mansion and renewing the barriers", Lilith replied. Seungmin thought his mother's behavior was weird but he just ticked it off as her having a wonderful day due Athea's death, which in all honesty made him angry. It wasn't because he was close with the female warlock, but rather the fact that his mother didn't even have the decency to pretend she was shocked or felt sorry for Woosu, who out of nowhere lost his mother.

Despite his dislike towards his mother Seungmin mumbled a "Thanks" and walked passed her with Byungho following close behind to get to the door, which lead to the huge garden of the Kim mansion. The garden was kept in shape by magic, meaning even when the garden was covered by a thin blanket of snow it could be described as breathtaking.

What Seungmin didn't know about the garden was why he was created. Sure, when he and his brothers were younger they would play hide and seek in the garden until they were tired but as far as Seungmin knew his father created basically every tree, every flower one by one with seemingly no motive or reason. Over the years Seungmin wasn't able to ever figure out why his father would do something like that.

Before Seungmin and Byungho stepped out into the cold they threw on their jackets, which hung on the little hangers next to the door, which lead to the garden, and put on some shoes. The two brothers walked out of the door and were greeted by a cold gush of wind. Seungmin tightened the jacket around himself and walked down the paths, which lead the way to the middle of the garden, in hopes of quickly spotting his father.

In the center of the garden was a big, white pavilion, which was decorated with some white divan beds and a glass table in the middle, as well as some white roses in the warmer seasons. When the pavilion came in view Byungho and Seungmin stopped because they weren't sure if their eyes were playing tricks on them.