Chapter 18, Sacrifices

- Void Icefall -

A few minutes ago, I woke up with heavy chains on my wrists. I immediately reached for my powers, but the chains on my wrists, as I soon figure out, are Bentiote. Holding my powers at bay.

I felt the smooth coldness of not only the chains but something in my right hand. Opening my hand a bit, I saw the dart that I remembered was the reason for my knock out earlier. I tapped it, and it still had the liquid that put me to sleep swishing inside of it. 

'Perfect.' I grinned. 

I tucked it into one of my many secret pockets in my stealth suit, promising only to use it when it's the right time. Fools, all of them, for not checking my hands for weapons. They took all my other weapons from me, but I can use any weapon at my disposal and turn it especially deadly. 

How they didn't find it when they put the chains on, I don't know. But their mistake will lead to my escape.

I looked around, finding that I was in a bedroom instead of the dungeon. The room is decorated with shades of red, white, and gold. There's a bed, empty bookshelf, a birch desk, and no windows. A guest room, I concluded, due to the lack of personal items in the room. 

Though it's a well-furnished cage, it's a cage all the same. 

It didn't take long for me to stand up and try the handle of the only door in the room. Locked. I banged on the door of the room I was in, causing multiple guards to open it.

And that's when I started knocking the guards out with my shackles, kicking them in the gut, and all sorts of nice things. I decided not to use my dart yet, not when I only had one shot with it. Beating them up worked for a moment, but there were too many guards and I had no other sharp weapon to keep them down for good.

They made sure to beat me up in return, though I did get a few good punches in.

And that's how I got the bruises that are probably covering me from head to toe. I don't see the bruises, but I certainly feel them.

After all that, I was dragged along with them. I noticed another man joining our parade, and he stood out among the rest. 

Not only because of his startlingly beautiful gray eyes and warrior-trained body but his confidence and big ego that was practically screaming at my face. He noticed me staring at him and stared back at me with almost predatory focus. I rolled my eyes at him and ignored him for the rest of the walk.

And now I'm here. Back in the prince's room.

He's still frozen to the ground, right where I left him. I don't hide my smirk at the sight, though it hurts due to the bruises that are inevitably covering my face.

The prince is staring at me, his blue eyes meeting mine. I don't look away and instead, stare right back with raging intensity. And to my satisfaction, he looks away.

The confident warrior-looking man walks to the front, standing next to the prince, still frozen to the ground.

"You will unfreeze the prince right now, or I'll have your head on a platter." He growls at me, demanding and arrogant.

I simply scoff.

 "My life has no meaning to me. And I really do enjoy the sight of your prince frozen to the ground." I respond, giving the gray-eyed man a wicked smile. I had my canines sharpened for appearance purposes, and I make sure he notices them.

The man bristles, probably either because he's not used to someone denying him or because of my wicked, sharp-canine smile. Maybe it's due to both reasons. I hope it is.