Love is in the Air

It seemed time, the thing that had bothered Morgianna for most of her past life, was the one thing she felt she had enough of now. Once again it was coming up on her birthday, and this time no amount of begging would get her parents to agree on a vacation.

For the past year her lessons had been doubled, which was ridiculous since there could not be that much that she did not already know especially for her age group. Her parents had also had her take swimming lessons, thanks to the ridiculous lie that Fafnir had said the previous year to cover up for her unconsciousness. 

There was something new that came to happen over the past year and it was almost shocking. In previous years Fafnir was cold and distant towards Myra, deciding to ignore her existence unless absolutely necessary. However after they had returned from the Beach trip his attitude had changed. At first it was minor, him asking her if she needed help with anything until it slowly built up to him asking her if she would like to get lunch.

The whole castle saw the change but nobody wanted to be the one to ask the two what was going on. Myra seemed to be floating on clouds every time she was seen, a grin plastered on her usually frowning face. Morgianna had an idea on what had been the catalyst to Fafnir getting his head out of his butt, and noticing the woman that was right in front of him. She could even see that the man was holding back.

Morgianna was not as subtle with her watching as the other people within the castle walls and was tired of dancing around without an answer. "Faffy are you and Myra dating"

Fafnir who had finally sat down to drink some tea with her almost spat a mouth full of tea in her face. he should have known that her begging and pleading to spend time with him was all a clever ruse.

Swallowing his tea he only shook his head no, earning a frown for all his efforts of staying silent.

Morgianna squinted her eyes at him daring him to deny that there was anything between them. "You know it is okay to date her, she cares about you. I know in the beginning it was probably lust at first sight, but she has changed a lot over the years and I feel her intentions are real."

The man across from her only continued to stay silent, but she could tell by his eyes that he had been listening. Deciding that she had not pushed the issue far enough yet, she decided to ask a question that had been on her mind for weeks. "Is it because of your ex? Like I know we have not talked about it in years, but what she did was still a big deal..." She felt herself trail off as Fafnir finally looked into her eyes.

She did not see any pain, but his eyes looked as if he was seeing past memories instead of her. "If I said that what she did, did not play a part in why I am not fully immersing myself in this feeling would be a lie. However that is not the only reason. Do you realize that you will be 12 next week? Our plan to go back to my home is coming up and I do not wish to get her hopes up and then something happens that takes me away from her." He ran his hand down his face before shooting back the tea in his cup as if he was taking a shot of liquor.

Her eyes softened as she looked at him. She had a feeling that this was why he had not made a move. Sure in the beginning it was easy to tell that what he felt for her was gratitude but she had seen the change. When his stares became more than just thankfulness.

"You know, I would never let something take you away from us. You are my family even if we are not blood. I understand that you may have to go back to your kingdom for a while, but I would never let it be goodbye. More of a see you later, or until next time kind of thing." She gave him what she hoped was a reassuring smile, but she felt distressed at his words.

She kept him a little longer asking what he liked about Myra, or if they had done anything inappropriate. Her questions, for the most part, went unanswered, but still she continued to ask enjoying seeing light tinge of pink on his ears. He acted as if he was not bothered, but she knew he was, greatly.

...

After torturing Fafnir with questions for a while longer she finally released him to go back to his work. She felt unsatisfied with their encounter and set off to find the other piece to her equation.

Myra was not even in the slightest bit surprised when Morgianna cornered her after practice. She had seen the girl watching her with Fafnir and knew she was bound to get questioned. "Go ahead and spill, why are you not making him your boyfriend already?" Morgianna crossed her arms, ignoring what Fafnir had told her earlier when she had spoken with him.

Myra pinched the bridge of her nose and exhaled slowly as if trying to summon patience. "If it was as easy as just demanding him be with me I would have years ago. He seems interested but I don't want to scare him away so can you please just drop it." She hung her head not liking the look Morgiannas eyes.

"Well then we just have to make it to where he can't go another day without asking you out!" Myra looked up and saw Morgianna striking some strange pose. Her fist was in the air and she had a manic grin on her face.

With a wink Morgianna began sauntering away but not before turning to leave one last set of words as she reached the edge of the training grounds. "Ah to be young and in love. It's in the air. Think I should buy a face mask?" She giggled at the incredulous way Myra looked at her and continued on her way.

_____________
I know it's short but it's more of a filler. Ah, Fafnir needs him some love after his awful ex. Which by the way we will be meeting in a couple (not sure of the number) of chapters. Well fingers crossed!

Like comment and share if you like. ❤

Word count before note: 1066