reunions

"Wake up Rose! This is literally the tenth time I've told you to wake up!" Remus shouted as he threw open the blinds of Rose's window, causing a loud whine to leave her mouth as she buried her head under the covers.

"Moony! She's just a tiny, little baby! Let her sleep!"

"Pads, she's a teenager. A teenager that's about the miss the Quidditch World Cup," Remus said with a large sigh.

Rose sat up quickly with a gasp. She let out a large squeal and jumped out of her bed to hug her dad.

"Dad! What are you doing here?" Rose said, exhaustion coating her voice. Sirius and Remus shared a look.

"There's someone downstairs that we all need to talk to, Rosie," Sirius explained. Rose looked to Remus who nodded his head. She knew that whenever they called her Rosie something was up and they wanted to make her feel better.

"Get dressed really quickly and pack your bag for the world cup," Remus said. Rose nodded and stood up as the two men left the room, both of them giving her forehead a kiss as they left. Rose quickly got dressed before rushing down the stairs, only to stop upon seeing Professor Dumbledore sitting on her couch.

"Oh, hello Ms. Black. How are you this morning?" Dumbledore asked. Rose looked at her godfather and father, confusion clear in her eyes as she finished walking down the stairs and sat in between the two men, across from her headmaster.

"Ummm...I'm good. What about you?" Rose muttered.

"I'm well. I could use some new socks, but that's not important right now," Dumbledore said before looking away wistfully.

"Well...um...what is important?" Rose spoke up.

"Oh, right! I believe you had a big day yesterday?" Dumbledore questioned, a knowing look in his eyes.

"I met my mum for the first time so... yeah. Pretty big," Rose explained. Sirius tensed next to her.

"Yes. Your mum has been insane for over a decade. But after you visited her, she suddenly was saner than ever. And she is still sane as of this morning," Dumbledore explained.

"How did that happen?" Rose exclaimed. She had convinced herself that her mum becoming sane while she was at St. Mungo's was just a dream. Dumbledore and Sirius shared a look, and Sirus cleared his throat.

"You see... we believe it's because of you," Sirius explained

"Because of me? That makes no sense" Rose said.

"You know how I scratched you but you didn't turn into a werewolf?" Remus asked. Rose nodded. "By all means you should have. But you're ... special."

"How?" Rose questioned, her voice shaking.

"For hundreds of years a prophecy has been passed through the Black family. It is believed that years ago we were blessed somehow, although I don't know why because the Black family is crazy and -" Sirius started to rant but stopped when Remus cleared his throat. "Sorry. Anyways, there is a prophecy that a girl born on Christmas day to a runaway will have the power to heal the sick and injured."

"We believe that the girl is you," Dumbledore explained. Rose wasn't moving and was instead staring at the floor.

"That's why Sirius and Marlene only told the Order of the Phoenix, a group we made to fight You-Know-Who, that she was pregnant. Sirius was a runaway and you were born on Christmas Day," Remus spoke up.

"And part of the reason your name was changed was because of that, as well. Many people knew that I was in a relationship with Marlene so they couldn't give you her last name and in case there was another traitor in the Order, they changed your first name too. Remember when Peter mentioned that he never gave you away to Voldemort?" Sirius explained, his voice in a whisper.