Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Song: The Big Bang by Rock Mafia

Colby's p.o.v.

"Are you almost ready y/n?" I ask for the third time, walking into the bathroom. Y/n is in front of the mirror applying chapstick. She turns to me and smiles.

"Yes, I am now. Can you grab my bag off my desk?" I walk over and get her purse. As I turn back to her she is wheeling herself into her room.

"Thank you, baby." I love it when she calls me that, although I would never admit to it. I lean down and place a small kiss on her forehead and go around her to wheel her out to my car.

***

As we go into the physical therapy building, I can tell y/n is a little nervous. We are sitting in the waiting room while y/n fills out some paperwork. On the other side of the glass door is a big room, that kind of looks like a gym. The room was filled with all sorts of different equipment most of which, I have only seen in movies. A man with dark brown hair and brown eyes, exits the room and goes behind the front desk. He is wearing what look like scrub pants, but a normal black t shirt on top. He has a name tag clipped onto his pants which reads "Dr. Jones." He grabs a manila folder and goes over the contents in it before turning and walking back out from behind the counter.

"Y/n y/l/n?" He calls out scanning the room. Y/n looks up at me and I stand up and wheel her over to the doctor. "Hello Y/n, I am doctor Jones but you can call me Max. Follow me this way." He grins then turns and opens up the door, holding it open so I can push her through. He takes the paperwork she had and gives it to the front desk, before joining us behind the door. "And you are?" He asks me.

"My names Colby, I'm her boyfriend."

"Okay Colby, well I can take Y/n from here. There are chairs over by where we will be or you can sit in the waiting room."

"I'll come with," I say. All the sudden I didn't like the idea of Y/n being with this guy alone. I know he was a doctor, but he seems very young. And I don't like the fact of how much he has been smiling and looking at her.

"Very well then, follow us." He comes around and takes hold of Y/n's chair, making me a little angry. He wheels her over to a platform that has a mat in the middle of two long bars. "Okay Colby, you can take a seat right there." He points to the chair behind the mat and I sit. "Y/n our first order of business we are going to work on in standing up. By yourself." He wheels her halfway onto the mat and in between the two bars. He turns around and grabs another wheelchair placing it at the other end of the mat and taking a seat in it. "Okay so y/n, today we are going to work on getting you standing. So what I am going to have you do is grab both bars, like this, then use your arm strength and your good leg to pull yourself up. Now at first this will be hard, but that's what we are here for. To build up your strength."

Y/n watches him intensely as he pulls himself up onto the bars, out of the wheelchair. "Now the first few times I'll spot you and help you up. Then we can have you try it on your own when you are ready." Y/n nods and Max stands in front of her. I watch as she places her hands on the bar. Max places his hands under her arms. "Alright now try to lift, using your arms and your good leg." Y/n does as told but I can tell most of her weight was being held up by Max. She smiles as she finally gets up though. She looks back at me and I smile back. She is the most gorgeous person I've ever seen in my life. I can't ever see a day of my life where I'm not right by her side, well I guess right now Max is by her side...

Max helps her do the exercises a few more times and they both agree that she might need to wait till her next session for her to be able to get up fully by herself. By the end of the appointment however, she wasn't needing too much extra support. Max did suggest having her do some exercises at home by herself is she wants to speed up the process. "Just try lifting yourself up on a counter and see how far you get."

"Yeah and if you need help, I'm always there to spot you," I say making sure Max knows that she isn't living alone.

****

"What was that babe?" Y/n says kind of annoyed while I'm driving.

"What was what?"

"Come on, you were being so rude to the doctor."

"First of all he's not a doctor. He looks barely older than me. Secondly he was the one feeling all up on you."

"Oh my god... babe. That's his job." She says and sighs.

"I know, I know. I just don't like someone else touching all up on you okay." I say and sigh.

"I know baby. But I love you."

"I love you too baby."

***

"Are you done eating?" I hear y/n yell from the kitchen.

"Yeah, you ready?" I ask as she rolls around the corner.

"Yup I got my purse and phone so let's go."

I get up and place my plate in the sink. I saw this house a few days ago on the market and it was so perfect. I could really see us having a family there. It's obviously on the more expensive side, but it's not like a museum type of fancy, it still has homey vibe. Now let's hope she likes it too...

A/N: hey guys! Soooo I know it's been a whileeeee. So I graduated high school and am now in college, I picked up pretty much full time hours at my job, and I now have a boyfriend. So let's just say a lot has happened in the time I've been away. And I'm kinda sad to announce that I'm not super into this book anymore. Now with that being said I do want to finish it for you guys bc you have been great fans and I've gotten so much nice feedback from y'all. And I know if I was reading a book and it wasn't ended I'd be pissed. So yes there will be an ending to this book but it will probably be much sooner than originally expected. With that being said I do really like to write and have a few ideas in the making, but I want to venture more into normal young adult books than fanfiction. Probably still romance tho since that's all I like to read too lol. But I hope you guys enjoy as I finish out the book! I love reading your comments and I know this was long overdue.

-Sam 🖤