Chapter 7

"Tell me more about this novel we are in." Leon said leaning against the tree.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like what is Cordell's deal?" Leon said kind of snapping.

"I apologize." Leon said running a hand through his hair.

"In the novel he takes an interest when he sees how clingy you are to Elisabeth. He wants to see what the big deal with her is. Last night was the first time they did what they did. In the story you as well will do stuff with her, but she kept that her first time wasn't with you. You didn't even know about her and Cordell. After the entrance ceremony tomorrow Elisabeth will encounter a bully. Her name is Ivy and in the story you and Cordell actually team up and kill her." I glance at Leon to see what he is thinking and his face is shocked.

"I killed someone?" He gasped.

"In the story you did. You were very in love with her. You know ever since she saved you from drowning and all. This story is a very dark romance."

"I can tell, but how did you know about her saving me?"

"Like I have said before, the novel." I sighed. He nods as if he understand but I can tell he has a question.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

"Well um what happens to me in the end?" He asks. I frown. He had to ask that... I gulped.

"You commit suicide." I frowned avoiding his gaze.

"What? Why?"

"It takes place a few years from now after the graduation ceremony. You walk in and for the first time witness Cordell and Elisabeth doing um 'stuff.' You were heartbroken and told her you were going to tie cinderblocks to your feet and jump off that bridge over there." I mumbled and gestures to the bridge.

"Is that why you were looking in the water earlier? To see if I had died." He concluded. I nodded rubbing the back of my neck.

"You tell Elisabeth to choose you or Cordell and she chooses Cordell." I look at him and he has a strong look of betrayal washed over his face.

"I have a question Leon." He looks at me and nods though obviously still taking everything in.

"Do you truly love Elisabeth?" I asked tilting my head. He hesitated for a split second.

"Yes." He said with a curt nod.

"Okay so are you planning on still chasing her?" I ask.

"Maybe..." He mumbles before looking at me and widening his eyes. I mentally sighed. It's good he's so loyal to her, but I just hope he's smart about it.

"Have you been crying?" He suddenly asks, grabbing my hands. I flinched slightly. If I lie he will easily see through it so there is no point.

"Hah yeah it's alright though." I sighed out and looked at the river. It was very peaceful. I shut my eyes for a second before looking at Leon who was looking at my wrists. I was confused at first but then looked and saw the obvious marks.

"What happened?" He said almost through gritted teeth. I shook my head and stood up.

"It's nothing really." I smiled. "I hope you the best with Elisabeth." I continued. The words sounded more forced than I would've liked, but I definitely spotted a familiar person lurking. I felt Leon's eyes on me as I walked away. Once I got to where I thought was far enough I stopped and crossed my arms.

"You can come out now." I glared. Dexter came out and roughly grabbed my wrist.

"I told you to stay away from that red eyed freak." He scoffed.

"You don't own me. He's my friend so I can do as I please." I scoffed back, yanking my wrist away. I started to walk away before he grabbed my arm again.

"Do I need to teach you a lesson again? This time I will make it so no one interrupts us." He smiled sickly and licked his lips. I found myself shivering and trying to get out of his grip. Then suddenly the top of his head just coughed fire. We both stood there is shock for a good five seconds staring at his head. Finally he let's go and runs screaming. I let out a sigh of relief before someone else grabs my arm.

"Let's go." I look and see Leon.

"Jeez you almost gave me a heart attack. I didn't even hear you coming." I mumbled. He didn't say anything and just kept a hold on my arm before leading me to a somewhat hidden gazebo.

"Sorry I don't want your fiancé to kill me for that." He mumbled and ran a hand through his hair.

"You were the one who set the top of his head on fire?" I questioned.

"Guilty as charged." He smiled, which in turn made my heart skip a beat.

"So he was the one who did that to your wrists?" He continued.

"Yeah..."

"Why?"

"He saw me entering your room last night and assumed the worst."

"I mean..." He smirked and slightly messed with his collar showing a kiss mark. I blushed and quickly lunged to fix his collar and cover it back up. When I looked up from him I realized our noses were almost touching so I quickly sat back down. Both of us sat with red faces before Leon coughed.

"So he assaulted you." He stayed with a glare. I simply shrugged trying to keep it out of my head. I couldn't suppress a gag though.

"Leonel!" I high pitched voice squeaked. I looked over and brought my attention to the innocent LOOKING girl. She quickly ran and jumped into Leon's arms and hugged him. His posture stiffened but by the look in his eyes it was obvious he couldn't look at her the same. Luckily this girl was naive and couldn't tell the difference.

"Oh who is this?" She said suddenly looking at me. Her once innocent puppy dog eyes suddenly held something else. Arrogance maybe? She was obviously looking down on me. She is just a Baron's daughter, but I guess being the Grand Prince's fiancé gets to you.

"This is Jody." Leonel said coolly. I quickly stood up and gave a curtsey to her.

"It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." I looked up to meet her eye sight and it sent a shiver down my spine. She sat propped up on Leon's lap. Her arms wrapped around his neck. She looked down on my with a sinister aura around her.

What the heck is going on? I quickly stood up with my eyes wide.

"I should get going." I nodded not bothering to make either one of their eyes.

-

Back in my room I was with Colette and Edwin. They were both chatting away while I had just sprawled our on my bed.

Why was Elisabeth acting so strange? I groaned and rolled over. I quietly slipped under the blankets and fell asleep.

-

It's time for the entrance ceremony. This is where they decide which element you are. Unless you already know you are water or fire. I believe I am water which unfortunately means when we split into elements I will be with. I snoozed through most of the whole ordeal. I was sat next to the right of Colette and on her left was Edwin. Looking to my right I glared slightly at Elisabeth. Originally, Leon sat next to me, but Elisabeth sat right between us.

Edwin went down and set his hand on the crystal ball, getting earth.
Colette got air.
Cordell got air.
Leonel got fire. All of it was just as said in the novel.
I got water to my surprise, not.
It was Elisabeth's turn now. She went down and set her hand on the ball. Soon the ball went through the colors slowly. White, green, blue, red and soon it landed on....green?

She isn't an earth user though! She is a water user.