iv. BIRTHDAY BASH

BIRTHDAY BASH!( the case of the missing life guard part 1 )

BIRTHDAY BASH!
( the case of the missing life guard part 1 )

        "What's wrong with me? What did I do wrong?" Mike ranted from where he laid out on the couch, a bag of Dorito's resting on his chest. Ben was laying on the floor with his eyes closed. Mike was giving him a headache, and he honestly wanted to go home, but Lucas and Will begged him to stay over with them.

        "Nothing," Lucas answered.

        Mike continued ranting, mouth full of chips, "What did I do wrong? What could I have done wrong?"

        "Do I have to go through this again?" Lucas sighed, pacing the room. Will was setting up a D&D game. Unbeknownst to the boys, they were being watched. "I just don't understand what I did to deserve this."

         "Nothing! Nothing. That's my whole point! You are the victim here," Lucas reassured to Mike. "I know. It's just, why is she treating me this way? I don't know–"

        "Mike–"

        "Maybe if you hadn't lied and been a dick she wouldn't be treating you this way," Ben spoke up from the floor. He didn't open his eyes to see Mike's reaction, he already knew he'd be faced with a heavy glare. "Like you know anything about girls, Ben," Mike retorted.

        It wasn't a very harsh dig, but it still made Ben clench his jaw and sigh deeply. Mike rolled his eyes and continued ranting, "What did I do wrong? What did I do wrong?!"

        Lucas pinched the bridge of his nose, "Mike, stop," he grabbed Mike's legs, "Relax. Just relax. Okay? Stop asking rational questions."

        Mike sighed, "I know, I know. You're right." Lucas hummed and Mike went on, "Because women act on emotion and not logic."

        "Precisely. It's a totally different species." Lucas agreed.

        Ben scoffed and sat up, bringing his knees up and resting his forearms on them, "That's stupid. And sexist." 

        Mike looked over at him, noting the way his messy hair had grown so much that it was starting to fall over his eyes. "What are you? A girl whispered? You don't know shit about them– you don't even like them!" Mike retorted.

        "Two of my best friends are girls, and I also live with a girl. You pick up on a few things. You should know since you date one. Or, well, dated one," Ben smiled smugly and gave Mike a wink. Mike's mouth fell open in offense.

        "Guys, it's ready." Will announced from the table. Ben stood up and stretched, his shirt riding up and showing a sliver of skin on his back. Mike avoided looking. "I don't know anything about D&D, but I'll watch you guys play," said Ben.