Chapter 23

Yuichi's POV

"Mmmh, where are we?" Callie said waking up. 

"Underground tunnel. Marie... is... dead." Yuki said the last part quieter. 

"W-what? N-No! That can't be! She can't be dead! What about the squid sisters! Inkopolis! Me?! You can't be dead Marie!" Callie yelled trying to shake her cousin awake. 

"Callie. It's no use. We've tried. Her pulse is gone. Her heart isn't beating, She's not breathing. She's dead. Let go. You can't revive a dead person." I said in a hurt tone. It hurt to say, yet it was a reality. People die. Nothing lives forever.

"I'm staying here! I'm not going anywhere! You guys go and leave me and Marie alone! I don't want to go anywhere without Marie." Callie exclaimed. 

"Callie! No! You have to live! How would Cap'n react if both his nieces died in this single mission!" Yuki yelled. Callie was taken aback. She wiped her eyes and stood up. 

"Alright. Sorry. As Agent 1 I'm the one who shouldn't give up the most. I'm the eldest. I have to take charge. If I'm depressed I can't lead any of you." Callie said bravely. 

"Alright. Let's go," 

"We have to wait for Marina and Pearl first. They need to wake up." Koutarou said. 

"Right. Then can I mourn a bit longer? Call me when they wake up." Callie smiled tears still trickling down. Yuki nodded. 

"Don't get caught. After all, this is still a enemy's base." Yuki said. Callie nodded and went away. Not completely out of view but we'll have to look back to see her. We waited patiently for the two other idols to wake up who woke up a few minutes later, asking the same question as Callie. Which we answered in the same answer. Resulting in the same reaction. It hurts to see someone cry. 

"Guys! Stop! Marie is dead! This is reality! You can't do anything about it! Once their dead they're dead! You can't take back the dead! So stop!" I yelled while crying. 

"That doesn't mean we can just forget her in an instant!" Yuki yelled back. 

"We can mourn after we get out of here! We have to move." I exclaimed. Marina nodded in agreement. We all wiped our tears, called Callie back and moved forward, Marie's body in a box hidden from view. We will be back for her. As soon as this place crumbles and we free everyone from captivity.