It Happened

Chapter 22 - recap

"Wow..." I stare at all the snow. "It's so pretty!" I gasp quietly.

"I'd like to think the beauty stands before me," I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and gasp.

• * •

Chapter 23 - It Happened

I'd have taken that as a compliment if it hadn't been Sting standing there smirking.

"How the hell did you get in here?!" I yell. He rushes over to me and covers my mouth, but I swat his hand away from my lips.

"I have my ways Heartfilia..." His dark eyes met mine and I was paralyzed in fear. It was as if my body was frozen, out of my control. Sting smiled and didn't hesitate to shove a cloth over my mouth. I weakly fought him, praying to stall long enough so someone would come by. Then Sting lifted me up, busted a hole in the window and leapt out into the snow with me in his arms.

He smelled very faintly of alcohol, and something I couldn't quite identify. He pulled me forward and held cloth over my mouth. I felt my body go limp and my eyes closed within seconds.

• * •

Cold water splashed all over me making me gasp and sputter and squirm my body about.

"Calm down, shh, get your bearings," a voice said nearby. I gasped a few more times and finally stopped moving enough to realize I was cuffed to a pole.

"What the-" I cut myself off remembering. "Sting," I let out his name in a low growl. I whip my head around looking for him.

"You're sexy when you are flustered like that," his voice purrs. I scowl.

"Let me go you freak!" I yell.

He laughs low. "No one can hear you... well, no one but me," he steps into the lit area where I could see him. His eyes gleamed, darkly.

He came closer to my and I frantically yanked at the cuffs. I cried out when I yanked too hard and one cut into my wrist. I felt a small trickle of a warm sticky fluid running down my hands.

"Don't go hurting yourself now, that's my job," he ran the side of one of his fingers down the side of my face. I jerked it away, hating his touch.

"Lucy, you are mine now. Give in, give yourself to me," he breathed on my neck, leaning in dangerously close. My breath hitched in my chest before I slammed my head to the side into his.

"Fuck you!" I spit angrily.

"Hm, so that's how you want it Heartfilia? Fine if even you the calm delinquent girl about to blossom into a flower, can be so vulgar and violent, then so can I," he smirked.

"Something tells me you where going to anyway without the excuse," I sneer.

"Ah well, too bad we won't know. Now I'm done waiting. It's time to break your will," his voice grew husky.

He held my head and roughly kissed me, pushing his tongue into my mouth and exploring in off-limits territory below. I tried to bite him but he pulled back before I could. He pulled my nightgown off and relished in a sight most had only seen during the summer at the beach or pool. I glared at him. But I was completely helpless. And he made sure I knew just that.

After a blurred amount of time of him having his way with me I finally gave up. I felt tears on the brim of my eyes.

"Please stop!" I begged. He laughed, it was sinister. It sent chills down my spine--shaking me to the core.

"Don't... someone... please help me!" I cry, helplessly.

"Sorry babe, you're staying with me," he smirked.

"Like hell she is," a familiar voice growled from the door.

"Natsu!" I gasped, sinking to my knees. My hair hung in its strewn mess over my eyes, clinging to my now tear-stained cheeks but I was still able to see as Natsu nailed Sting in the face with an uppercut and a sideswipe. He hurried over to me and snapped the cuffs. He pulled me to him and I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Natsu...h-he...I couldn't stop him," I clutched onto Natsu.

He held me in his arms there on the floor whispering into my ear, "Sh, sh it's alright. I'm here Luce, I'm here. You're safe," he soothed me.

"How'd...you find me?" I ask through the tears.

"I had some help from some law enforcement," he shrugs as Sting was arrested. He was carried from the room kicking and yelling. Natsu put his jacket over my shoulders to cover up most of my body. He lifted me off the floor, lead me outside and helped me into a car. He got into the drivers side.

"Wait, you can drive?" I ask looking at him suspiciously.

"Yeah, I always have known how. I just never got a car," he shrugs and takes off.

After a long silence he says, "I'm sorry I let him get you."

"Natsu, you didn't let him, you couldn't have known," I assure him.

"But I should have Lucy. He got his hands on my territory. Something I should have protected better," he was squeezing the steering wheel so hard I thought it would break.

I fell silent and leaned on the cool glass of the window. My hair was loose around my head still, and my body ached. I closed my eyes and let the hum of the car lull me into a sort of sleepy state. I felt Natsu reach over to me and grab my hand in his. I laced my fingers through his until he let go when the car came to a stop.

"Come on Luce, you're safe now alright?" Natsu says gently. I nod in response. He gets out and walks around and opens my door. I unbuckle and he lifts me out of the car and in his arms. Victor opens the door when we reach it. Natsu says nothing as he carries me right to his room.

• * •

Chapter 24 - Breakdown - preview

I searched around frantically for it. I tore apart my room looking.

"No, it can't be gone," I sobbed. I blindly ran down the hall towards the sitting room searching for it.

"Lucy? Are you alright?" Wendy peeked into the room.

"I lost something really important," I sigh, sitting on my knees, "a necklace your brother gave me."