Camellia Blooms - FIFTY

Story

Every love story ends with a happy ending, if it doesn't, then it's not a love story then.

But why do we associate happy endings with romance, I mean does every story needs a romance

Maybe to spice things up or to have this cliche but nostalgic story that everyone know.

I'm not sure.

I like happy endings, who doesn't?

But maybe, in my story, I don't have a happy ending.

Maybe in the first place, I never did have.

...

"Don't you think she should choose who she wants?"

My mother's words made me blink a few times before I rested my face on the table. Why would I ask my mother, I should've ask-

"Callia, this friend of yours is a person who tends to think too much. I don't like the phrase 'follow your heart' but in certain times, I think you should follow your heart- I mean your friend's heart should follow her heart"

I giggled uncontrollably, I knew my mother had known my lie but she continued to act like she really have no idea. I don't k ow if I should cry or laugh so I go for the latter.

"Mom, you're a bad liar" I smiled to her then she knocked my head with her fist.

"Aiyah! I knew it was a lie!" She said with a sour face while I giggled again.

"How'd you know?"

"I'm your mother, who are you kidding?! And you've been looking so glum this day how could I not know!"

Oh, turns out I really can't lie.

"But Ma, what if I still feel undecided? What if I don't know what my heart wants?"

She looked at me with fond eyes then she held my hand before saying.

"You just know it. Feel your heart, I knew you already have an answer but you're troubled about something"

Her words made a lot more sense, I do indeed feel trouble because I don't want to be hurt and hurt someone so close to me.

"Callia, let go of the past so you can move on to your future"

Thank you Mom.

Thank you for being here.

Thank you for being my Mom.

...

Three days have passed and I was relieved to the fact that Ru Wu Jie seemed to have achieved a common sense.

He doesn't try to riled me up and press me for answers which I'm thankful for.

But as time passes by, I feel a sense of urgency. I don't know why I'm feeling this way but I knew it means bad.

"Hey, did you see the news? There's an accident at XXX lane! It's near our company and I heard some had even died"

One of my colleagues said and from her words, I felt like somebody pressed a large boulder on my heart. I felt a bit clammy and I couldn't think straight.

I was walking so stiff with my mind elsewhere and was about to collide on someone when I was pulled on my right.

"Watch where you're going! What the hell are you thinking?!"

It was Ru Wu Jie.

"Oh...uh...nothing, yeah, thank you for y-your help"

I continue my walk towards my desk but I felt too anxious. I don't know I just felt weird, I must have eaten something wrong today.

I check my phone and looked at the news, it was a car accident. There was a bus that lost control and accidentally hit some cars on the lane.

Then there was a call.

***
Hi people!!! Thank you fir your reads now we've reached 22k views!!! Waaa!! Thank you so so much!!

We have a new goal people! We need to reach 1k votes! I hope you would achieve that, thank you!!

Please stay safe as always!!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!