Are You Scared Of Me?

You were a new member of the Avengers. Your skill at hand to hand combat was an asset to the team. You were very likable and became friends with everyone fast with the exception of Thor and Loki. You are usually a pretty relaxed person but when the Asgardian brothers were around you became quiet and uneasy. You were talking with Tony and Steve in the compound lounge when the princes walked in. You fell silent and intensely stared at the pair. "Hey (Y/N)? Are you ok?" Steve asks as he tries to see what you're starring at. "I have to go." You breathe as you rush to your room. On your way to your room you accidentally run into Loki's shoulder. "Wow slow down there (Y/N)." He chuckles. "I-I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me." You stutter as you run faster to your room. "Did she just say please don't hurt her?" Thor asks looking at Loki who is confused as well. "That's what I think she said. Why would she think I would hurt her?" "It seems she gets really uncomfortable when you two are around." Tony says leaning back in the chair. "But why? I haven't really said much to her. Have you Thor?" "No just a friendly greeting here and there. But she never replies and quickens her pace to wherever she is going." Thor says with a shrug. "Maybe you two should sit down with her and get to the bottom of this. She can't be like this when she starts to go on missions. She has to trust her teammates." Steve says as the brothers sit down. The men come up with a plan to figure out why you're so jumpy.

A few days later you're going at it with a punching bag in the training room. You were alone until Loki walks in with Steve. "Oh hi (Y/N) how's your session going?" Steve asks setting down his things. "Uh fine. I'll be leaving now." You say quickly trying to gather up your things. "(Y/N) stop. Are you leaving because Loki is here?" You freeze as Loki stares you down. Your heart races as he begins to step closer to you. You try to back away but you slam into the wall. Your breathing becomes labored and your eyes dart around trying to find a way out. "Are you scared of me (Y/N)?" Loki asks slowly closing the gap between the two of you. You begin to cry and sink down to your knees. "Please don't hurt me." You whimper putting your hands up defensively. "Why do you think he's going to hurt you?" Steve asks stepping between you two. "Because he's Asgardian!" You scream before you bolt out of the room. Steve looks to Loki and he just shrugs.

Your body shakes as cry into you pillow. Your heart still racing from your encounter with Loki. "My dear please tell me what's wrong?" A soft silk voice says causing your head to snap up. Loki smiles down at you and you quickly back away from his incoming touch. You fall off the edge of the bed and continue to create distance till you get yourself stuck in a corner. "How did you get in here? You've come to kill me haven't you?" You say between sobs. Loki crouches down to look at you in the eyes. "Why do you think I'm going to kill you?" "Because you're Asgardian that's what you do to people like me." "What do you mean people like you?" He asks as his hand slowly caresses your trembling skin. Your eyes widen when he doesn't seem effected by your cold flesh. "Show me your true form (Y/N)." He breathes hand never leaving your cheek. Your facade fades away and is replaced with your natural blue skin, crimson red eyes and Jotun markings. Your eyes meet his and you try to search his expression for any sign for what he's thinking. He just smiles as he traces your markings with his finger tips. "So this is why you're so scared of me and Thor?" You nod as fresh tears run down your cheeks. "This is why you wear long sleeves, pants and gloves. So you don't freeze people if they happen to touch you?" You nod again. "Well I'm touching you now and I'm not frozen." He hums while trying to wipe your tears away with his thumb. "You're beautiful (Y/N)." "I'm a monster." You breathe as you look down at the floor. "I don't think so." Loki chuckles and you look back up at him. Your eyes meet his red eyes. You watch as he transforms to his true form. "You're a frost giant too?" "Yes my sweet." You trace his markings and he yours. "You're King Laufey's son that was stolen by Odin." "How did you know?" He says as he helps you up from the ground. "Your markings, they are of royalty. And my mother told me the story of the war. I never considered it to be real. Oh my god where are my manners." You say as you quickly kneel before him. "I'm sorry for my rudeness my king." "Get up (Y/N) I am no king to you. I am only the bastard son of Laufey. Cast out to die. I have no Jotun title." You get up and he pats the bed for you to sit down. "I destroyed Jotunheim. How did you survive?" "I was already on Midgard. Is it true that you killed Laufey?" He nods and looks down at his hands. "Why?" "To prove to Odin I was a worthy son." "Thank you." You whisper and he looks back into your eyes. "Why? I killed your king and destroyed your home." "I was one of Laufey's concubines. He treated us all horribly but I was his favorite to abuse. He deserved to die." You say as you brush away a tear. "I'm sorry (Y/N)." "It's ok. It's in the past now." You sigh and Loki takes your hands in his. "May I kiss you?" "Why?" "Because I think you're beautiful." He chuckles as he leans in closer to you. He brushes his lips against yours and you lean into him. He gently squeezes your hand as your lips melt into his. He deepens the kiss as he causes you to lean back onto the bed. You break away for air and he smiles down at you. "I would very much like more of those. May I court you (Y/N)?" "You may." You giggle as his face lights up. "She can laugh. And it's adorable too." He lays down next to you on the bed as you both caress each other's skin. After some silence you ask, "What about Thor? Will he kill us if he finds out?" "No my sweet he already knows I'm Jotun and will not harm you." He says as he slowly changes back to his Asgardian form. You follow with your Midgardian form. "Absolutely beautiful in both forms." He hums as he gets up. "Let's get some lunch, I'm starving." You get up and he quickly pulls you into a hug. "You're small for a Jotun." He chuckles resting his chin on your head. "I like to consider myself travel sized. You know like those little shampoo bottles that you take on vacation." You both laugh as he kisses your forehead. "Gods you're adorable. Let's get that food little one." "Let's go tall one." You giggle as you pull him out the door.