Chapter 47 : Miraculous

I thought I'm already dead when Hoseok got ahold of my bag. I have a lot of things in it that might expose my true identity, but I thought of him wrongfully. I can see that he still has no idea of who I really am. One thing that I learned about him is the irony of him being too curious yet he respects privacy.

Hoseok occupied me. He was my distraction from thinking too much about Jungkook's date. "What are you doing here, man?" I asked with a forced smile while I reached out for my bag.

He hands me my bag, "Just looking out after Jungkook, wait... Did you cry?" He must've noticed my swollen and red eyes.

"I did. Titanic was too much," I chuckled as I make up another excuse and he joined me.

"Yeah, that one made me cry too." He commented.

"So, have you seen Jungkook already?" I changed the topic, and it was a wrong turn.

"Yeah, he seems to be doing fine. He told me he is going out on a date." He sighed. "Despite of him choosing you over us, I'm happy that he manages here well."

"What did you say?" I blinked my eyes rapidly.

"We insisted him to enroll in Vancouver out of worry but he really wants to follow you here," He grinned.

"And because?" I tilted my head on the side. He didn't answer me instead, he just shrugged.

We walked on the ground floor of the university as we continued to have casual conversation. Although it is making me uncomfortable because pairs of eyes are lurking around us, or probably at Hoseok. This might be a normal thing for him, considering that he and his group are very popular in their university.

"Since when did you study here?" He questioned.

"Since I was nineteen. I'll return to Vancouver after college," I informed and he hums.

"Can I ask you a favor?" He asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you watch Jungkook for us? You see, he is new to all of these. That girl he is dating right now might play with his feelings and he will start fearing women, again." We both stopped on our tracks in front of a very huge withered oak tree.

"I'm not entirely sure about that," I looked down on the ground.

"Why?" His forehead had curve lines on it. "Deonne, you healed him."

"I just helped, it was all him. He wouldn't get better if he had no will to be," They keep talking to me like I'm some sort of miracle maker when in fact I might be someone who can bring disaster to him. "Besides, if his  phobia is really gone, then he wouldn't be needing me anymore."

I wanted to walk away but Hoseok pulled me by the shoulder. "You have to at least try," He speaks. "All I'm asking is for you to guide him and make sure no one harms him. Please? Just do it for him, do it for your friend will you?"

I closed my eyes tightly and sighed, "Fine, but I will not promise anything."

With that, the firmness of his face was gone by the second that a wide beam stretches on his face.

=====

"Deonne! Over here!" Jungkook shouts my fake name at the cafeteria. I was hoping that he didn't see me order my food at the counter. I don't want to have lunch with him, with them.

But seeing that innocent smile on his face, I was immediately drawn to him. I slowly made my way to the table and was a bit embarrassed to sit with them.

Looking at the two persons in front of me, I realized how low I am at the bottom of the visual chain. They are perfect for each other. I also heard rumors that this Vanessa girl is a nice person.