Chapter 20: Drugs

WE HIT #2 in Kotlc!!! Also hit 420 likes, im very proud.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
The following chapter contains mature material and depictions of substance abuse.

~~~
Yesterday at lunch:

"Meet me at sunset.." Fitz said his breath brushing on the back of Sophies neck, "on the deck."

Keefe got up and walked away, no one paying much attention.

He walked to the bathrooms. He went into a stall and sat on top of the toilet holding his knees. He let out a deep sigh. This is just his luck he thought. Sophie was falling for Fitz. She would never love him the same way he loved her. He looked at the floor.

He heard footsteps enter the bathroom. He peered through the crack. It was Aaron again but this time some other kids buying. He watched the transaction.

He looked away and unzipped his backpack. He had some money. No! He thought. I don't wanna get mixed up with that crowd. His thoughts flashed back to seeing Sophie and Fitz in her room.

There was no use being good for someone who didn't even care about you. He looked down at the money and then back through the crack. He threw his bag over his shoulder and came out of the stall after the other kids had left. Him and Aaron were alone. He walked up.

"Hey.." Keefe said. His words shaking a little.

"You didn't see anything here," Aaron said squaring up.

"No! I'm not looking for trouble, I- Im interested in buying."

Aaron looked him up and down. "I didn't know you used Sencen,"

"Uhhh yeah.." Keefe's heart was beating fast.

"What u want?,"

"I um.. the Persian stuff,"

"A man of taste....its strong,"

"Yeah.." Keefe said as he handed over the bills.

Aaron reaches into his pocked and pulled out a small bag of powder. But Keefe's eyes weren't on the bag. They were glued to the melder tucked into Aaron's waistband. He gulped. Aaron placed the bag into Keefe's palm.

He slipped it into his pocket and walked out.

Aaron gave him a nod.

His mind was running a million miles as he walked down the halls his eyes darted around. Could they tell he had it?  Just then Tam bumped into him.

"You can have it back I don't want it anyway!" Keefe said.

He realized it was Tam.

"Umm you ok?"

"I-Yeah..psshhh! Totally!" He said trying and failing to lean against the wall casually.

"Ok..." he said. "I'm gonna go to class then?"

Keefe waved. "Yep!"

As soon as Tam turned the corner he let out a breath.

Later that evening he went home.

He went into his room and locked the door. He went into his bathroom. He needed somewhere to put it. Somewhere really hidden. His eyes looked around the room. Bingo. He climbed on the counter and pushed up on one of the ceiling tiles. He lifted it up and took the bag out of his pocket. He stared at it for a minute and then set it inside and put the tile back in place. He climbed down.

~~~

He went back into his room. The hours passed as he did his homework. He FaceTimed Biana for a bit and texted Tam about an assignment. He ate dinner alone. After a while he lay in bed looking at his ceiling. He got out his imparter.

"Call Fitz" he said. He picked up.

"Hey right now isn't the best time.." Fitz said. "Is it really important?"

"Oh..not really," Keefe said. Fitz was holding a lighter.

"U doing some friendly neighborhood arson?" Keefe asked motioning to Fitz's hand.

"Oh," he said laughing, "no I'm um...lighting a candle."

Keefe thought that was a little odd. Since when did Fitz ever have an interest in candles?

"Ok well if there's nothing else I gotta go.."

"Ok bye" Keefe said.

Keefe sat down and looked out his window. The sun was setting. He sat there and stared watching the clouds pass by as the sun sank lower. He blinked. He walked over to his bed and bent down, then stood back up. No I shouldn't check on her this is weird.....

maybe just one peek....

He got out the box from under his bed holding his spy ball.

"Show me Sophie Foster."

"She is with Fitz Vacker."

"Show me them both." He knew he was only going to get himself hurt but he didn't care.

He looked into the spy ball. They were surrounded by candles. So this was what was so important. He was lighting candles for her. Fitz was taking off her dress. They kissed. Fitz threw her onto the bed...climbed on top of her...

Keefe didn't yell. Didn't break anything. He simply got up and walked out of the room. He went to the bathroom and locked the door. He climbed up onto the counter, almost unaware of his actions. He retrieved the little bag out of the ceiling. He poured the contents onto the counter and rummaged through a drawer grabbing one of his fathers business cards.  He scraped the powder into a line. Before he knew what he was doing he bent down and plugged one of his nostrils as he snorted. It burnt but he didn't care. He didn't notice. He looked up from the counter to see his reflection staring back at him.

A single tear slid down his cheek his face emotionless.

~~~

Keefe lay slouched on the bathroom floor. He felt good... really good. He stared at his ceiling until the granite began to swirl. He laughed. He felt like he was floating. He looked down at his 13 fingers. Had he always had this many? He stumbled into his room the walls swaying. He sat on the edge of his bed. He could see his spy ball laying in the corner. Fitz was on top of sophie naked, making love. Good for them. He felt himself tipping over. He dropped onto the floor and blacked out.

~~~

He opened his eyes squinting at the sun coming in the windows. It was so bright he thought. He got up to close his curtains his head throbbing. He went into the bathroom. He had left out his things. He put the half empty bag back in the ceiling and cleaned up his counter. He looked in the mirror, he had dark bags under his eyes.