X.

Chapter 10: How To Be A Dad 101

⚠️Warning : This chapter contains Endgame Spoilers, if you haven't watch the movie then what the hell have you been doing with your life? Please proceed at your own risk.⚠️

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"Hey bitch! Today I'm going to motherf-cking teach you how to beat your face,"

I was currently standing in my kitchen. My phone playing a make up tutorial video by a random beauty guru.

I didn't let my gaze on the screen wavered as I tried to understand the basic concept about applying make up.

Yes, my first date was today and I still haven't chosen an outfit nor do I have an idea how to apply make up.

Ark, who was supposed to be here earlier called me one hour ago that she can't come because her step-bitch-mom decided to ground her for trying to borrow her curling wand.

What kind of step mom does that?

"I guess I'm gonna be the first person who goes on a date looking like ursula." I sighed, totally not understanding what he meant.

What did he say again? Spread the foundation and pound what? I leaned my ear closely to the speaker before pressing replay once again.

"What date?" I let out a surprised jump at my mom's voice. She entered the kitchen carrying grocery bags in her hand.

Shit.

It totally slipped my mind to inform her about my first date.

"I'm, uh, going on my first date later," I said nervously, rubbing a hand on my bare arm.

Mom let out a gasp, dropping her grocery bags to the floor."Robert! You're daughter's going to have her first date today!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, my eyes widening in horror.

5 seconds passed and we heard my dad's thundering footsteps down the stairs before he appeared in the foyer.

"She's having her what?!" Dad exclaimed, his eyes widening.

"Date honey. Ellie's going on her first date today!" Mom repeated, a wide smile slipping on her lips.

"Why wasn't I informed about this earlier Elena? I could've practice about the whole interrogation and protective thing!" Dad whines, offering a panicked look.

I couldn't stop the giggle that escaped my lips. My dad is a complete softie despite his giant frame. Sometimes it makes me wonder how he could pull off being a cop with a heart like his.

"I didn't know until I overheard hear talking to herself about a date." Mom defended, walking towards dad.

"Elena, You need to help me practice and what am I going to wear? I can't look like this! I have to look intimidating." He complained, referring to his attire which consists of a mickey mouse pajamas that mom bought him for Christmas and his geeky glasses.

"Honey," Mom softly said, placing her hand on his forearm."I'm pretty sure you'll do good and you have enough interrogation practice with your job." She assured.

Dad pouts."I don't wanna mess it up," He grumbled, turning to look at me briefly.

"I think it should be me saying that dad and what's up with the whole interrogation thing? Is this NCIS or something?" I asked, quirking a brow up.

"Don't worry dear. I'll make sure your dad won't scare the lad," Mom assured, throwing dad a warning look.

"Thanks mom and I was wondering if you can you help me get ready? Ark was supposed to help me but considering how her step mom's a complete female dog, she just had to ground her and I can't understand this bret gu—" My dad bursted out laughing, cutting off my rambling session.