Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Angela’s POV

‘When you called I was sleeping, but I was so happy to hear your voice, I wasn’t sure you were going call since it was late.  When we hung up, I couldn’t fall back asleep so I watched TV for awhile.

I think it was close to 2 in the morning and someone knocked on my door.  I thought it was you so I hurried up and answered the door.  It was Jesse and he looked like he always did.  He was in a good mood, I let him in and he sat in the chair and I sat on the bed.  I asked him why he was here and he said he knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep. 

We talked, laughed, telling stories about when we were kids.  I told him when I was younger I wanted to marry him when I grew up and he laughed saying he thought the same thing.  He grabbed us both a glass of water and sat back down.  He asked me why it wasn’t us getting married and I told him I feel in love.  He started to get mad and I couldn’t understand why…we were good friends, we should be happy for whatever happens in each others lives.  He kept saying I should have been his, that marring someone else wasn’t normal.

Anyways, he asked a lot of questions and said a lot of things.  I started to get dizzy and when I woke up…I had this metal thing around my ankle with a long huge chain.  Stuck in a little room with a bathroom attached to it. 

The chain long enough to bring me everywhere but not long enough to leave the room, and the door was always locked.  I don’t remember anything about a note, or taking off my ring.  So…that’s it.’  I told Derrick.  That’s what I could remember from the first day.

I looked at him and I knew he was trying to put the pieces together.

‘How could he leave the hotel with you, I assumed he drugged you…but no one noticed?’ he asked.

‘I don’t know.’ I said honestly.  ‘I thought about that a lot, but…I don’t know.’

‘The note, it was your hand writing.’ He said, thinking out loud.

‘Again, I don’t know, I don’t remember writing it.’ I said to him.  ‘At the hospital you said something about a note and the ring.  Obviously I knew I didn’t have the ring, I thought Jesse had it somewhere but I didn’t understand the note.’ I told him.

‘The note is what convinced me that you left.  It was exactly your writing, but would he be able to copy your hand writing so perfectly?’ Derrick asked me.

‘I don’t know.  There’s a lot of thing I just don’t know.  I asked him a lot of questions when he’d come to the room but most times he wouldn’t answer.’

He nodded his head.  ‘I’m…I…I am so sorry Angela.'

‘It’s not your fault.  I’m starting to understand a bit more, not everything but some things.’ I said to him.

‘Thanks for giving or answering my question, for so long I had so many questions…I know you did to.  Maybe we’ll get answers from each other, and answers from others for you.’ He said.

I smiled a little.  ‘Maybe.’

‘You know what’s weird?’ he asked me.  I raised my eye browns, silently asking him to continue.

‘It’s not like before but I can still read you pretty good.’ He said smiling, being proud.

I rolled my eyes and heard him chuckled a bit.

‘Right back at you.’ I said to him.  ‘Sometimes it’s irritating.’ I confessed.

He chuckled again, ‘Right back at you.’ He said smiling.

I smiled, but a real smile.  ‘I missed that.’ I head him say, pointing to my smile.

I bit my lip to stop smiling. ‘You shouldn’t hide it.  Smiling makes you look less…threatening.’ He said laughing silently.

I laughed, ‘You see!  It’s really great to hear you laugh and see you smile.’ He said.

We just sat there is silence for awhile.  Amanda still sound asleep, half on the couch and her head and arms on my lap.

I played with her hair for a little while until I started to get tired.  I said good night to Derrick, he had asked if I needed help bringing Amanda back to our room and I shock my head.

If she’d wake up and he was holding her, she would completely freak out and it would take much longer for her to trust him. 

Slowly, very slowly she was starting to know he wasn’t going to hurt us and I didn’t want her to take 10 steps back.

I got Amanda in my arms and slowly made my way to our bedroom.  I put her on the bed and put the blankets on her.  Making sure to close the bedroom door and I went to the bathroom.

When I opened our bedroom door, my little girl was still asleep.  I changed back into my pj’s and got into bed.  Still leaving the light on beside me, I relaxed and feel asleep.

I was glad today had been a good day.

****Please Vote and Comment!  Thank You!!****

Sorry the chapter was shorter than the others, but I couldn't add anything else to it.  Next chapter will be longer.