32

"Elyse, about what happened last night..." 

I continued browsing on my laptop, trying to find something to order online. I was thinking of a makeup set. My favorite makeup artist just launched his own brand. I wanted to check if it was worth it. 

"Elyse, will you talk to me, please?" Austin sighed, obviously guilty. 

"I don't have anything to say to you." I did not give him a single glance. 

"I'm so sorry." Austin looked down, his hands inside his pocket. "I know being drunk is not an excuse. I was out of my mind. I shouldn't have touched you, tried to kiss you, or hugged you. I'm sorry." 

"Apology accepted." I nodded. "Now, can you leave?" 

"He picked you up..." He looked at me. "Engineer Camero, your ex. I remember him picking you up. Are you back together?" 

"No." I rolled my eyes and leaned on my chair. "He picked me up because I couldn't drive, and it's no longer your business." 

"I'm serious about you giving me a chance. I will do everything to have that chance, Elyse." He gave me a small smile. "I'm sorry for touching you and causing trouble, but I'm not sorry for asking you to give me a chance so I could prove that I am better than him." 

"No one is better than anyone." I rolled my eyes, getting irritated. "Why do men like competing with other men a lot? Because of your ego?"

"I am just saying that he doesn't deserve you. He already caused you too much pain-"

"That's enough." I glared at him. "Let's not go there." 

He nodded in defeat before slowly leaving my office. 

I sighed heavily after checking out my online cart. I bought a makeup set and had it delivered to the condo. I'll just give a letter to the lobby. I played with my lips and zoned out a little, remembering what Sevi said about me giving Austin a chance. 

"Coward," I whispered, shaking my head. 

Sevi left so early, so we didn't have the chance to talk about it. Not that I was expecting him to really talk about it. He liked avoiding the topic. Besides, ako naman ang nagsabing wala kaming pakialamanan. I was just waiting for his reaction. I wasn't planning to give Austin a chance. Either way, gagawin pa rin naman ni Austin ang gusto niya. 

"Ugh, men..." I rolled my eyes and stood up to get my things. 

I attended two meetings that day and checked some files before going home. I was waiting for Sevi, but he didn't come home. I rolled my eyes. Maybe he was back in Batangas, trying to avoid me. I heard magkakaroon sila ng project sa Rizal so I think uuwi at uuwi rin naman siya rito. I smirked. 

He wasn't home the whole week. I also flew to Cebu the next week for the opening of our new resort, so I became busy. I was planning to stay there for one night with Alice just to check if it would go well. I invited some business partners to stay there and get the full experience. It was nice to stay on an island and relax for a while.