Chapter 9

-------------------> THE WALK TO THE DUNGEONS WAS LONG, but it felt even longer that day

Severus had been in Hogwarts for only three months, but he knew for a fact that the route that they were going on was the longest way to go to the Slytherin Common Room.

Patrick Parkinson calmly walked two paces ahead of Severus. His neatly combed blonde hair, emotionless brown eyes and regal features made him look like a statue.

Severus walked behind him quietly. He had shot an Entail-Expelling curse at Black, something that he had heard Thomas Nott bragging about knowing how to do. It was a very dangerous curse.

"You do realise that Sirius Black might die, right?" Patrick Parkinson asked casually.

"Yes." Severus Snape replied promptly.

Patrick Parkinson gave him a side glance. "Hasn't the consequences het you yet? His chances of survival is very less. You killed somebody at the age of eleven."

Severus stayed silent.

"Speak when you are spoken to." Parkinson told him cooly. "Has your action been understood by your brain yet?"

Severus continued to stay silent.

Parkinson stopped in his steps in front of him, turned around and looked at Severus with a sneer. "I said," he said sternly. "Do you fucking understand what you did?"

"No." Severus replied lowly. He was being honest. The impact of what he had just done hadn't been caught up by his brain yet.

Parkinson laughed mirthlessly. "Well then, let me educate you on what you just did." Patrick Parkinson mocked. "You just killed the bloody Heir to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Black. Congratulations, you are the most stupidest person I have ever come across."

"He insulted me!" Severus snapped. "He spoke ill of me. He called me names in front of Lily. He and Potter keep pushing my books down and purposefully bumping into me."

"And so you exploded his body organs." Patrick Parkinson deadpanned. "Excellently, well thought-out, logical move by you. It truly deserves applauds." He said dryly. "Did you ever considered to bring up this matter with us?"

"You wouldn't have done anything." Severus said. "You only care about purebloods, and I am not-"

"We would have." Parkinson cut in, his voice frosty. "We did, actually. The last time the two boys did such a thing, we spoke to them. The reason they came to you today was to apologise. Did you let them?"

Severus opened his mouth to retort, but no words came out. It was true that Black and Potter had singled him out, but he had assumed that they were going to make fun of him again. That is why he started insulting them first, so that he would have the upper hand in their banters.