chapter 7

Thanksgiving

It was Thanksgiving today. It was the first time our families were coming together after my birthday.Things were normal then of course because Con and Jere always behaved in front of me and it was my birthday, they had to keep it normal.

The last time we all planned a get together, it was completely unsuccessful. Everyone was busy with their work. Only my mom could make it but she was very helpful, our house looked beautiful now.

I thought that Cousins was the best place for a Thanksgiving dinner but everyone wanted to visit us in New York.

Jeremiah was coming too. Things were definitely weird between Conrad, Jeremiah and me but we couldn't avoid it forever right? He was our family after all. The last time Jeremiah and I spent time at Cousins I felt that things were normal between us but were they between him and Con? I know that they pretended they were but they weren't, and plus Conrad would've never called Jere if it wasn't for our honeymoon.

I tried walking Con through it but he was still not quiet convinced with talking to Jeremiah normally. He said that he couldn't just pretend everything was normal because everything was definitely weird.

Conrad and I decided to make the turkey together but Conrad insisted on making cranberry relish by himself, it was his specialty (as per him), so I just stuck with some corn and cheese macaroni. My mom said she'd make some salad .

Mr. Fisher and Jeremiah arrived by five in the evening.( I was still not used to calling him Adam or dad now).

When Jeremiah came, things got a bit tensed up. I saw the look on his face after seeing Conrad and I definitely knew that we were thinking the same thing: man we gotta fix things up.

I could just read Jeremiah's mind and he could read mine too. He was my best friend. Correction. He used to be my best friend. I just hope he still was.

As Jeremiah walked towards me, I gave him a big hug and he and Conrad did one of those man hugs (agh). They didn't even meet each other's eyes. We had to wait for Steven and my mom as they were driving a huge distance.

Till the time Mr.Fisher just kept talking about his business to Conrad, I and Jeremiah were in the kitchen . We didn't talk though about meeting here. We just seemed to know where the other would be. I knew that Jeremiah was here for a talk but I was ready too. I knew just what to say.

As Jeremiah entered the kitchen I turned up to him and said hi quickly. He startled a bit and said,"Still keeping the brain reading game up huh?. He said it in a joking way aka the Jeremiah way.

I said,"Always". Then I revised everything I had prepared to say to him and began with,"Jere, things between you and Conrad are not.... normal you know. I really want you guys to make it up with each other. I talked to Con about this but you know how he is. He is taking it up all on him. He's saying that he spoiled your life and that he always gets what he wants and he leaves you feeling like a jackass. I just wanted to ask you if you'd try making up between you guys. I mean just start with some chill topics I guess". Shoot. I literally said everything in one breath and now my heart was beating real fast.

Jeremiah slowly took everything in and finally said," I don't know about him Belly, but are things normal between us?"

Unexpected. I never even thought about that but I knew that things will get better between us fast. It was us after all. We knew each other better than we knew ourselves.

I said,"Jere, things are still normal between us , aren't they? They really are Jere, at least for me. You are still my best friend and I still care about you so much."

That took me more courage than I thought it would. But it was true.

Jeremiah said," Good to know that Belly. I guess things are normal from my side too. You really are my best friend. " Then I went up to him and gave him a quick hug.

I said ,"Thanks Jere. You really are a great guy." He smiled at me in the most Jeremiah way ever and I was pleased, really pleased.

He said," Belly, I'll try talking to Conrad . I can't promise you if we'll make it up but I'll try my best."

I nodded my head and thanked him. "How about this? I stay and make cheese and macaroni and you go talk to Conrsd?"

I gave him a very sneaky smile. That smile which you give when you aren't asking but telling the person what to do. He said ,"Mm sure, see you later then."

The next thing I know, when my mom and Steven came, Conrad and Jeremiah were brothers again and were as normal as nothing ever happened. They were laughing together, talking to each other and watching football on TV with Steven. My mom tried to ask me what was up but I told her that I didn't know anything . It was true though, I really didn't know anything . But I was going to find out.

Re-editting note: I guess the chapters are getting longer eh?

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment to support me.

Lots of love
Addy