Chapter 30

We had a great time at dinner, excluding my fake husband of course... But thankfully he band aid his hand, I don't know what changed his mind but I am glad that he did something sensible.. Mom notice his hand and was quiet worried, he lied to her about this also.. Aiyappa knows how much lies in a day this Man can speak.. Mom and Pappa tried making small conversations with each other, I am glad that Mom is making efforts and that is enough for all of us. Manik tried to have a conversation with me but I ignored him completely. I am in no mood to handle his tantrums, if he think things can go back to normal after what he did with me than he is so wrong.. You are going to have a tough time Malhotra so be prepared.

Somewhere down the line I have realized one thing very clearly that Manik doesn't like my friendship with Aryaman, so I decided to use it for my benefit, currently I was having a gala time with Rico and I swore I saw Manik swearing under his breath.. Jealous much hann!!

Nandini - We have lots to catch up Rico, don't you think..

Aryaman - Of course Koala, so you bring up two cups of our favorite Hot chocolate and I will fill you up with all the things that happened in past two years, what's say?

But before I could speak my dear husband decided to interfere, "I think it's quite late, so we all should just crash to bed.." As if somebody asked for your expert advice.. He glared at me, challenging me through eyes that I dare go behind his back, but I am Nandini Moorthy duh, I have never taken orders from anybody.. okay excluding that Mangalore part...

Nandini - Manik you have to go office tomorrow so you go sleep. Rico and I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow so we can have a small chit chat session.. I will go and prepare the Hot chocolate, good night  everybody..

I gave him my best fake smile possible and left.. I prepared the two cups of hot chocolate, it was our favorite drink, we always used to have late night conversations, sleepovers, movie nights with this.. I missed those days so I thought of reminiscence them again...

Me and Rico talked about anything and everything, he told me how they and Papa set up their new business, their struggles, their wins and how much they missed me and Amma Appa.. We talked for a long, I don't want to face Manik, so I want to stay out as long as I can, I just want him to sleep when I go in there..

Aryaman - Okay Nandu, it's quite late, I think we should sleep now.. I will see you tomorrow then.. Goodnight...

I smiled and wished him goodnight, indeed it's quite late now, I wish Manik must be asleep by now.. I came inside our room and find him soundly asleep on bed, I took a deep breath and without making much noise, went inside the washroom to change in something comfortable to sleep.. I changed in a tank top and a comfy lower and tip toed towards the bed and got inside the covers.. I thought about the whole day, well it was one hell of a day... But in the end everything is settled and that is a big relief. I smiled thinking about Mom and Pappa, but my smile disappeared when Manik's words came into my mind, He really hurt me a lot today... My eyes again became teary, I was thinking about him when I feel the covers beside me shifted and a body settled closer to me and in no time a hand snaked around my waist his face was way too close to mine, my body stiffed..

I don't know if he is awake or he just did this in his sleep, but I decided to not move, if he is awake, I don't want him to know I am awake too.. His hold on my waist got tighter and I feel his lips on my hair, he gave little pecks over there and I knew he wasn't sleeping, I just want to cry to sleep, I don't know how to deal with you Manik Malhotra, I don't know... Sometimes you are being a Monster making me realize about our fake marriage and then again, here you are trying to soothe my pain.. Suddenly his hands shifted to my shoulders and he lightly pat them and I suppressed a hiss in my mouth, I don't want him to know I am awake, I don't want him to stop.