Chapter 12

The past one week has been heavenly. It was like God was rewarding you for the hell he had put you through.

You returned from lunch. Yes, you were eating your lunch nowadays. You noticed Jimin hasn't yet had his lunch. This was going on for about a week now. ‘The tables have turned, Park Jimin.’ you smirked.

After about five minutes, you felt bad for him. Yes he is a douchebag but he is Mr. Park's son after all.

“Would you like me to get you something to eat?”

“Hmm?” he looked up at you.“No. Can you come here for a second?”

You quickly went upto him and clarified his doubt. He noticed how close you were standing and remarked “Rule no. 3. Always stay two feet-”

“But you never did mention whose feet though. So I just assumed it is my feet. They are tiny.” You looked at your feet.

Jimin scoffed “Are you serious? That's so stupi-ugh!!!”

You smiled innocently.

“Stay ‘my two feet’ away from me.”

“Do you have a measuring tape cuz I don't know how long your foot is like could you stand-”

“GET OUT.”

“Okay.” You ran away smiling.

*********

It was 10pm now. You had a lot of work. No, it was not the ‘The Park Jimin’ useless work. Since the annual meeting was tomorrow, you and Jimin had to work your asses off.

And honestly, you weren't complaining. You were actually enjoying work nowadays. Ah! you were enjoying life.

“Here are the files.”

“You are not even bothering to call me ‘sir’ anymore.” he said looking down at the files.

You simply shrugged. He was honestly too tired to argue with you. You could sense how exhausted he was just through his voice.

“Okay, you can go now.”

“When are you getting off work?”

He looked up at you. “That is not your business.”

“I want you to drop me home.” You said.

“Excuse me?” he looked at you surprised.

“It's dark. I'm scared. Who knows what might happen to me? What if somebody kidnaps me?”

“That. Will. Not. Be. A. Problem. Believe me. They will drop you back at the same place and maybe they will drop off some consolation money too... to whoever bears you.” he chuckled.

You scoffed. “Anyway, I'll wait here till you finish.” You said sitting down on the sofa.

You only realized you dozed off when ‘The Park Jimin’ literally pushed you off the couch to wake you up.

“Wake up, dumbass.”

Some people never change!

*********

You sat in the car with him.

Silence…

Your phone suddenly rang freaking the shit out of both of you.

“Jeez.” Jimin snapped.

You quickly answered to hear Hoseok on the other end.

“Oh hey, Hoseok.” You smiled. Jimin gave you a quick glance.

“Hey.. you are at home right?  How's everything going on with Mr. Special Snowflake?”

You snorted “It's going good. I wanna tell you so much.” You boomed with enthusiasm.

“Okay then let's meet up.”

“Okay how about tomorrow? We have the annual meeting tomorrow and I'll be free after 2pm.” You glanced at Jimin who had asked you specially not to attend the annual meeting.

“Kay sounds good. Meet you tomorrow. Bye, babe.”

Jimin casted another ‘uninterested’ glance after hearing the word ‘babe’ over the phone.

“IS IT RIGHT OR LEFT, Y/N?”

“Left…” You scoffed. Why is he so pissed off about directions!

“Thanks, Jimin.” You said before getting out of the car.

“Wait.” He said grabbing your hand and lulling you back.

You looked at him puzzled. It was whole different thing that your heart was beating abnormally fast.

“Y/N..” he said licking his lips.

“You have to attend the annual meeting tomorrow.”

Some people never will change, will they?

_________________________________________