Chapter 13

"You know what, PLEASE don't come to the annual meeting today." He snapped.

"Fine, I won't. I wasn't the one begging his ass off for his secretary to come." You snapped too.

"Don't talk to me like that. I'm your boss."

"Well boss, what are you gonna do about it? Fire me?" You said bending down to his level in such a way that you ended up being too close to him breaking rule no.3 or 4 or whatever the heck no. it was.

He glared at you for a while then suddenly broke away eye contact to look at something else in the closest proximity. It was almost like he was allergic to you.

"GET OUT."

"GET OUT." You mocked his tone and went out.

"She is driving me nuts...ah...!!!." Jimin ruffled his hair in frustration and banged his head against the desk.

***********

The annual meeting was held in Busan. Mr.Park's hometown where Park Internationals was initially established.

You were first told NOT TO ATTEND IT by your 'boss' but then he told you that you HAD TO ATTEND IT and today morning he told you NOT TO ATTEND IT because apparently you had stood too close to him.

"It's not like I wanna attend it anyway. I mean I have attended two annual meetings already with Mr. Park...." You were venting out your frustrations to Hoseok who was sipping his tea patiently listening to you. Hoseok had become more of a friend rather than a therapist. Plus it came free so...

"I mean it's just that it's Jimin's first annual meeting and I just wanted to see how well he'll mess it up. There are gonna be shareholders, directors and potential investors. I just wanna see him screw it up in front of them, you know." Hoseok looked at you like you were lying.

You continued anyway. "I would give anything to see him mess up."

"Oh really? You don't -" Hoseok was cut off by your phone.

You picked it up,
"Y/ N, bring the document I left in my table. I expect you to be here in 1 hour."

"What- wait...how-" Jimin cut the call.

You looked up at Hoseok.

"Hoseok, I need to run bye."

**********

You stood before Jimin with the file he forgot aka the most important file aka the presentation file.

You had no idea how you had reached Busan this quickly but all you remembered from the journey was taking a taxi, boarding a flight and then taking a taxi again with a little bit of agressive pushing and running here and there.

You were here. That's all that matters.

You handed the file to Jimin and took a deep breath so as to freak out about how he literally made you die of cardiac arrest when he says,

"Ah you got it? Thanks." he gave a smile of relief.

Ever felt those moments when the entire world doesn't exist and you fail to concentrate on anything else except one.

"Thanks."

"Thanks."

"Thanks."

' 'The Park Jimin' just thanked me and smiled at me'

Jimin looked at your ghostly expression and quickly realized his blunder. He quickly tried to correct it.

"I mean what took you so long?" his expression changed to the one you were most familiar with. But at least he smiled.

'That's enough for me.'

********

You and Jimin were standing at the venue of the meeting. In a couple of minutes this venue was going to be crowded with some of the most famous business tycoons of the country addressing whom Jimin was going to speak today.

He kept running his hands through his hair which signalled his nervousness.

You chuckled. Mr. Park used to fidget with his tie whenever he was nervous. 'He's just like his father.'

You quickly went upto him and took a comb from your purse and started combing his messed up hair.

"What do you think you are doing?" he pulled back himself but you held him in place.

"As your secretary, I am doing my job.... Taking care of you."

He looked at you dumbfounded.

You quickly set his hair leaving a small fringe in front, just the way you liked it.
"Well, don't you look prettier now? Smile for me."

Jimin snorted. He was a bit relaxed now.
"Do you seriously want to work overtime that much?"

You ignored his comment.

You took a step back and admired him.

"My son's all grown up now." You said wiping away an imaginary tear.

He laughed at your antics. It was that pure, genuine 'Jimin' laugh. He was definitely more relaxed and confident now.

"Guess who's working this weekend?" He looked down at you and smirked.

"Whatever. You'll find some stupid reason to make me work anyway." You scoffed.

Jimin laughed again. And you were kind of getting used to the bell like sound of his laugh.

The annual meeting was a grand success. .

Women..... Men.... Old.....Young.....all of them were interested to know more about Park Internationals and it's new boss.

'Jimin effect I guess......'

_________________________________________