17 | Spoke my heart out

People sometimes don’t want advice..
They want someone who will listen to them and a heart which understands them..

“I want to have a word with you

“I want to have a word with you.” Alex said looking at Zayden and then strolled towards the study room.

Zayden glanced at me once before following Alex.

“Harriet, Sorry for being rude last time. I thought you will never support me but you proved me wrong today. Thank you for making Zayden confess his feelings. Now that he has finally accepted that he likes me I can come here anytime I want.”  Jannet gushed, her eyes glittering with satisfaction.
“I helped myself, at least now I know what he feels.” I mutter walking past her, my mind was occupied with lots of thoughts of why I alone was bestowed with so little happiness in life.

After few minutes, a very furious Alex walked out of the study room.

“Jannet let’s go.” He said staring at her.

Jannet furrowed her brows, “Why? I want to stay here for some time.”

Inhaling deeply Alex shut his eyes for a second, “Since I gave you a ride here. I will drop you back. So stop arguing with me and just follow me.” Alex grabbed the keys from the table.

“Oh. It’s okay you can leave then. Zayden will drop me.” She chirped grinning ear to ear.

“No! I am busy.” Zayden snapped. Giving a curt nod to Alex he strolled upstairs leaving a baffled Jannet behind.

Why is he so rude? I know he is ice king but at least he can be soft to the girl he likes right?

Jannet had no other option so she left with Alex.

Like always, I sat in front of aquarium and blabbered about my day to the fish. Today was horrible. My heart crammed with agony replaying today’s incident. I can’t stay here any longer. If Zayden has feelings for her then he should sort it out first. I need to give him space so that he can think straight about her and our marriage. And for that I need to walk out of here.

When Zayden came down for dinner, I gathered all the courage and spoke.

“I don’t want to stay here anymore.”

“What? Are you serious? Is it because of that stupid attraction thing?” his voice was laced with irritation.

“It might be some stupid stuff for you but not for me. I can’t stay here watching you and her together.” I exclaimed staring at Zayden.