Chapter 48 : Third Wheeling

I'm not going.

I'm not going.

I'm not going.

I stand up from my bed and looked at my wardrobe. Wondering what to wear, I came up with simple boots, jeans, and a thick jacket with a white shirt underneath. I also added a white bonnet on my head.

I'm going.

Sighing, I looked at my reflection to see if I look alright. Rolling my eyes, I snatched the bonnet on my head and threw it away. Why do I care anyway?

I'm not going.

I sat on the other bed and scanned my dorm. It's a mess. I've been rummaging inside my wardrobe for minutes as I look for decent clothes even though I'm not going. I just made a mess.

He invited me for dinner today, he said he wanted to talk to me after what happened the other day and I still haven't responded to his message. He said he will wait for me.

He is trying to get me through my conscience. Do I still have one though? If my conscience still works this scheme would've ended months ago.

My eyes darted on the floor where my small sketchbook was lying. I picked it up and scanned it. The last sketch I did was when Jungkook and I went to the arcades on the night of Taehyung's birthday.

I grabbed a pencil from my desk and started sketching again. This is now my only remedy whenever I feel frustrated about everything around me.

The first day of this semester came into my mind. I still remember what I felt, how Jungkook caught me off guard. It was a relief that I was wearing unisex clothes instead of my usual outfits before.

I was in the middle of drawing my food tray when I heard a notification from my phone. Immediately, I checked it and saw that it was a message from Jungkook.

I bought plenty of banana milk and dried seaweeds for you. Please come, I'm still going to wait. -JK

My head suddenly hurt. I closed my sketchbook and tossed it on my desk. All that I need to do now is to decide.

Groaning, I put my bonnet back on and grabbed my bag.

=====

Jungkook messaged me the address of his penthouse and half an hour later, I found myself ringing on its doorbell. A few seconds later, I heard the lock clicked opened and revealed a well-groomed Jungkook.

"You made it," He smiles.

"You were too persistent," I rolled my eyes and he laughed while he lets me inside.

My eyes can't believe how huge his place was. I didn't know that they are so rich. The interior design was well planned along with the luxurious furniture placed around the house.

A huge and elegant chandelier is hanging in the middle of the living room. The glass walls perfectly allows you to see a magnificent aerial view. "Wow," Is all I managed to say.

"Yeah, told dad to give me something simple but he insisted on giving me more than that." Jungkook proudly said.

"The place is really big," I complimented. "Why did you choose to stay at the dorms then?" He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled sheepishly at me as an answer to my question.

"Shall we?" He guides me into the kitchen where there are a lot of home-cooked foods, specifically the ones we usually eat dinner in their house in Vancouver during those times where I had to accompany him while his dad was away.

"You made all of these?" I asked with wide eyes.

"It's a relief that you came, I can't eat it all at once." He answered. We both took our seats and we started munching silently.