fifty

•••

•••

The sun beaming through the gap in the curtains was what woke Ellie up that morning. She sighed happily and rolled over coming face to face with Bucky's chest making her jump slightly. James chuckled and pulled her onto him, wrapping his arms around her small cold body, smiling as their legs intertwined and their bodies melted together.

"I'm sorry were you not expecting me?" He whispered teasingly, peppering kisses along her collarbone and shoulders.

"No, I was expecting my gorgeous husband but I sadly don't see him."

"Oh really?"

She simply hummed in response and rolled onto her front so that she was facing him.

"Does your gorgeous husband do this to you?" Bucky murmured, placing a soft kiss on her lips. "Or this?" He continued as his hands roamed further down her body and he kissed her again. She laughed as he continued to tease her and she moved so that she was straddling his lap, running her hands down his chest. Bucky sighed and pulled away from her.

"Um excuse me?" She questioned him sassily and he simply pointed to their open doorway, where Harry stood with a now four month old Rebecca babbling in her older brother's arms.

"Becca's hungry." The little boy informed his parents as he walked into the room and over to their bed where he placed the baby onto his fathers chest as Ellie rolled off the top of him.

"Is Becca hungry or is Harry hungry?" Bucky enquired with a smirk as he sat up with his daughter in his arms.

"Maybe both."

"It's your turn, you teased me and now you have to make breakfast." Eliana whispered to him and he rolled his eyes before complying and getting up out of bed, groaning as his Rebecca tugged on his hair, watching as Ellie raised her eyebrows mockingly at him.

"Don't say anything!" Bucky warned his wife and she just chuckled at him. For the past couple of weeks she had been begging him to let her cut his hair but he kept refusing and now it she had another reason to want to cut it.

"I wasn't going to." She called out to him smugly.

"Whatever!"

- - -

Ellie smiled as she watched Harry talk his father's ear off about something or other he'd just seen in one of the exhibits at the Smithsonian which is where they had decided to spend their day. Bucky had finally decided that he wanted to tell them about his past, obviously not all of it but about what his life was like before HYDRA. She held Natalia's hand in one of hers and was holding the empty pushchair that they were essentially using to hold their bags while Bucky held Rebecca in his arms.

"Look mommy!" Natalia exclaimed, tugging on her mother's hand and pointing towards a tiled flower mural on a nearby wall.

"It's very pretty." Eliana agreed with a small chuckle as they approached the next exhibit, the Captain America exhibit.