[6] Your Number

After completing your track & field club training, you headed towards the gym, where you were certain the volleyball team was still practicing. Soon enough, you found yourself entering and watching, as they seemed to be practicing receives.

"Woa, who is she?" Kindaichi asked by the sides as he noticed a beautiful girl entering.

Some of the boys noticed you and turned, talking and wondering about who you were. Iwaizumi noticed the lack of concentration in his team and scolded them, "Oi, what are you all distracted for?"

He turned to the direction where everyone seemed to be eyeing and was now the one who was distracted.

Once his eyes fell on you, you smiled wide, waving at him, which caused him to blush heavily, almost completely frozen.

"Iwaizumi, you know her?" Mattsun asked excitedly.

Makki interrupted, "She must be that new second year everyone's talking about. Oh the rumors were right, she's super hot."

"Oi," Iwaizumi scolded, feeling a little bit annoyed at his team who couldn't stop staring at you. "Back to training. We're not done yet."

After about 20 minutes of waiting, they finally finished. You were doing your own homework while waiting by the sides, and soon enough, Iwaizumi ran to you.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?" he asked.

You blinked, "I thought we were walking buddies."

"Oh, yes! Of course! Just give me 5 minutes to grab my things from the clubroom, okay? You can wait outside."

You nodded happily.

Iwaizumi was practically running to grab his things. At the locker room, he was shoving his things inside his bag to make it quicker.

"Oh, Iwa-chan~!" Oikawa called. "Don't forget to get her number."

Iwaizumi stopped, looking at his friend. "Her number?"

Oikawa nodded. "That's how you progress, you know?"

Iwaizumi looked down, as if he was thinking. He had never really been in this kind of situation before, while Oikawa has been in too many. He was completely inexperienced, which explained the constant nervousness. This was unchartered territory for him.

"Right."

As Iwaizumi came down and began walking, you called him, waving your arms from a few meters in front of him.

For a moment, Iwaizumi's face was completely red by your sight. In the gym, he hadn't really noticed it since you were sitting down and had your books placed over your thighs, but now, he saw your full attire, and your shorts exposed your legs, leaving less for the imagination. Iwaizumi had a hard time breathing, but it seemed he was not alone.

Most if not all of the boys seemed to eye you lustfully as they passed by, and noticing this, Iwaizumi felt slightly annoyed.

"Oh, are you okay?" you noticed his uneasy expression.

Iwaizumi unzipped his bag and took out a grey hoodie before passing it to you, "Tie this around your waist. These boys are staring and it makes me feel uneasy."

You blinked, but eventually did as he ordered. He was often timid, especially with you, but seeing this dominant side of him made you just a tad bit more attracted to him.

You teased him, "You sound like an overprotective boyfriend."

Activate Iwaizumi panic mode.

"W-what? I-I didn't meant to, I mean, it's not like I'm preventing your from your freedom or anything but I'm just looking out for you, I-"

"Don't worry, Hajime," you chuckled. Under your breath you murmur, "It's kinda hot."

"Sorry, what was that?" he asked, hearing you mumble something.

You turned red this time, "Oh, nothing."

As you two walked back, you learnt a little more about each other, like how Iwaizumi was an only child and how you played track & field. You talked about your childhood, how it was growing up in the country versus the city. The whole time, however, Iwaizumi was just building up the courage to ask you a simple question.

Finally you reached your house. You untied his hoodie and passed it to him but he turned it down. "Keep it. You're going to wear that attire for more club activities after this, right?"

You laughed, "I guess so. Alright then, I guess I'll see y-"

"Can I have your number?" he suddenly blurted with his phone in his hand, causing you to be surprised too. "I mean um, it would be easy to contact you if my practice drags or something."

You chuckled. "You're finally getting a bit more confident around me. That's nice."

He blushed as you take the phone and key in your number. You handed it back to him, and made a phone gesture while saying, "Call me." Like that, you left him again.

As you left, he was no longer frozen. This time, his smile stretched from ear to ear as he punched the sky in joy.

"Yes!"

____________________________

a/n

iwachan is so damn cuteee UGHHH

^ i mean,, just look at him ;_;