[8] Volleyball

Oikawa spun the ball between his two hands, watching the other side of the court in full concentration before letting out a quick breath. With a high toss to the sky, he began running before jumping and slamming the ball with his palm all the way to the other side of the net, a large thud echoing.

"Wowww~!" the kids exclaimed, eyes glistening in awe as they watched Oikawa's infamously intense serve.

"Now the point is if you're going to hit it, hit it till it breaks," Oikawa said, making an 'OK' sign with his fingers.

"Oikawa-san, you're so cool!"

"Oikawa-san, please teach me to serve!"

"Me too! Me too!"

Oikawa loved the attention.

Iwaizumi on the other hand helped another group with the basics of their receives. He was far more interactive with the kids, helping them regain the perfect form, straightening their arms if needed.

"Iwaizumi-san, w-what if I'm scared of the ball?" one of the kids asked.

"It's completely normal," he said softly, "I was once afraid of it too. But with practice, you start to get over that fear and once you get better, you'll get the power over the ball. And when that happens, it's those balls that should be scared of you."

"Wow! Power over the ball? That's so cool!" another kid replied.

"But what if the ball kills me?" the earlier one asked, pouting in fear.

Iwaizumi grinned, "The ball won't do that, I promise you. Want me to prove it?"

The two boys cocked their heads in confusion. Before they could ask further, Iwaizumi took one of the volleyballs and threw it with all his force straight to the back of Oikawa's head.

"Now, if you kids would like my autograph before I get famous, now would be a good time to– OWWW!"

Iwaizumi explained, "See? The ball could've killed him but it didn't."

The kids that surrounded Oikawa had their eyes widened by the sight.

"Iwaizumi-san is so cool!"

"I want his autograph!"

"Let's learn how to hit Oikawa-san in the head too!"

Oikawa yelled, rubbing the back of his head in pain as he felt tears swelling up his eyes, "IWA-CHAN!!"

You couldn't help but laugh at the two, grinning by the side.

"(Y/n)-neesan, you're not going to play with us?" a small boy asked as he approached you.

You waved your hands, "No, you kids play."

"Come on neesan! We can learn together!" another boy said.

"No, really I-"

Each boy grabbed one of your hands and immediately, they began to drag you onto the court where Iwaizumi was. He looked somewhat confused at the sight of you being pulled by much younger kids.

"(Y/n)?" he asked.

"Iwaizumi-san, please teach (y/n)-neesan to play too!" one of the boys said.

"Yea, pleaseee!" the other one begged.

You sighed but finally gave into the kids wants. You shrugged, smiling to Iwaizumi as you asked, "Mind teaching me too?"

Iwaizumi grinned at you, his heart racing. The way you asked him, rather shyly made him think you were just absolutely adorable.