Chapter 4

^
That's where Hailie lived with Daniel
A/N: The house wasn't this bad when they first bought it, but after years of not being kept up with, it turned like this. She lived here with her mother too because they didn't have lot of money. The reason it's so unkept and dirty is because nothing got clean after her mom died.

Recap:
For the second time that day, I hugged Mason. I hugged him much tighter than before, and cried my heart out into his shoulder. Mason was rubbing soothing circles into my back, and running a hand through me hair.

"Don't worry Hailie. No one will ever hurt you again."
_________________________________

I woke up with a headache and pain shooting through me. I realized that I was laying on the side of my stomach with the bruised ribs. I painfully re-positioned my self to relieve the pain. I looked around confused, but realized that I was now living with my brothers. 

My brothers

All the events from yesterday flooded my mind and I silently screamed into my pillow. I was so stupid! How could I tell him! He probably told all my brothers now and they'll start treating me at the stupid broken girl again!

I didn't want them to treat me different. I didn't want them so see me as this broken girl who was abused most of her life. I don't want them so see the vulnerable girl who cries herself to sleep most nights. I didn't want them to see how useless I was. How much of a burden I was. I didn't want them to see that.

I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower and comb my hair. I dressed into some leggings and a long sleeved T-shirt, and put on my fake smile, ready to hold up a facade all day.

I quietly opened my door and carefully made my way downstairs. Thankfully, no one was there. I checked the clock in the hallway and it said 7:00 am. Of course none of my brothers would be up. To make them forget about yesterday, I decided to make them breakfast. I wanted to be the perfect sister. Not broken, useless and vulnerable. But strong, independent, and kind.

I made them waffles, eggs, bacon, pancakes, and a big fruit bowl. Just as I finished setting the table, I heard footsteps behind me. So I quickly return back to the sink to wash the remaining dishes. Not wanting to face my brothers just yet.
"Hailie, whats this?" I heard Will behind me.
"Breakfast" I replied with me fake chirpy voice.

I remembered how at my old school, I was somehow popular because I acted so perfect. Of course I didn't have the best clothes, but no one really noticed because I acted so perfect. No one realized the abuse.  I always acted so nice, chirpy, fun and enthusiastic. This made people like me, and I had many friends. I never went over to their house for parties and such, I always had lies, and they never doubted me. A voices shook me out of my thoughts.
"Thanks Hailie" Wills voice returned me back to reality.
"No problem" I even threw in a smile to make it seem like everything was ok.
Will looked at me weird, but nevertheless, took a seat and began eating. Soon all my brother (except Mason because he was always working) joined for breakfast and we all ate in silence. I just sat in my seat looking out the window.
"Hailie are you going to eat?" Alex asked me
"Oh no thank you. I already ate while making everything" I faked my smile again and continued to look out the window.
Everyone ate in an uncomfortable silence and when I couldn't take it anymore, I excused myself from the table and ran to my room. As I was leaving, all the boys started to talk and I couldn't help but feel my heart ache. They weren't comfortable talking with me. They hated me...

I closed my bedroom door and made my way over to the vanity. I was determined to be the prefect sister, so I got to work. They provided me with many products like; moisturizers, an eyelash curler, a flat iron, a few different hairbrushes, and some nail polish. Of course they didn't provide any make up as they didn't like such things. I know this because of when I questioned Alex on it earlier yesterday. I sighed. That could have come in useful to cover my bruises. But too late to hide them now.

I'll just have to get used to this new life.

Hey loves! I updated the past chapters, and added a new one! An early update 😅. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry It was a little short this time. Comment and vote! Thanks. Love ya!
🦋❤️