It Will Be Fun

Received - 7.45 pm
From: Rosie 🌹

Want to go on a date?

Sent - 7.45 pm
Sure! When?

Received - 7.46 pm
Now

Sent - 7.47 pm
Like right now?

Received - 7.47 pm
Yeah, come on it will be fun!

Sent - 7.48 pm
I'll be at your place in 10

Received - 7.49 pm
Are you hungry?

Sent - 7.50 pm
Starved, I haven't eaten
dinner yet.

Received - 7.51 pm
Perfect 

<——————————>

"Where are we going?"

We had been driving now for 20 minutes, and Rosie still hadn't even hinted at me where we were going. All she did was tell me to dress warm and let me borrow one of her jackets. When I had gotten to her apartment building, she was waiting out the front next to her car. So, I just hopped in and now we were going god knows where.

"You'll see! Be patient!" She reaches over and takes my hand. I love it when she does this, one hand on the wheel, one hand in mine.

I lean back against the headrest and stare out of the window, listening to the soft music pumping out of the car speakers. The city of Melbourne was alive, even after the sun had gone down, beautiful lights scattered the streets, illuminating the buildings, parks, fountains and even giving the stars a run for their money.

"Is this Dua Lipa?" I lean forwards and twist the volume knob on the radio. The song blaring through the speakers.

"I think so... it sounds like her" Rosie presses a button and the name of the song plus the artist appears on the screen. "Yeah... Kiss and Makeup by Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK"

"I actually really like this song, I might add it to my playlist. Who's BLACKPINK?"

She just shrugs her shoulders. "I think they're a girl group. I don't really know".

She pulls up at a fish & chip shop just when we get out of the chaos of the city.

"Wait here! I'll be back in a minute" She slams her car door shut, leaving me to amuse myself while she's gone. I watch her slide open the glass door to the shop and step inside, pulling it closed behind her. I heave a sigh and lean back against the headrest of her car, that ringing noise in my ears from the dead silence of the car.

After probably 5 minutes of my staring at the door, waiting for her to come out, she walks back towards the car carrying a large package wrapped up in paper. She reaches the car and places the package, which smells amazing, on the backseat and walks around to hop back in the driver's side.

"Okay, are you ready?" I nod and she starts up the ignition, pulling back out onto the road after checking for oncoming traffic.

"How was your day?" She reaches back over and takes my hand again, this time bringing it to her lips so she can kiss my knuckles. The simplicity of this action making my heart beat a little faster.