Chapter 9

Above is a photo of what Haroun would look like.

*~*~*~*~
Weary confused eyes watched as the tall muscular warrior paced before them. The meek adolescent male voice cleared his throat before asking his question.

"Are you saying M'lord we are to mock fight with a girl?" Jacob asked.

Standing before him, Gavins stern eyes made him back up an inch into young Ian behind him.

"She is not just any girl, she is quick and agile but none the less very cunning." He spun and continued pacing.

Eyeing each young boy before him.

"Some of you may know her," he paused.

"she is young Lady Brienna the late Lord Hugh's one and only daughter and heir to Forsythe Castle," He bellowed so the last boy down the long line could hear him.

Gasps and worried looks glanced at eachother. Smiling to his self he looked down and thought for a moment.
Yes,they knew her most definetly

"Aye, from what poor Wendell told us, she is not one to upset,"

Came one voice

"I heard she nearly shoved Daniel into the moat just for calling her pretty,"

"And she threatened to mame poor Lawrence," Another confessed.

Amusement looked back at him as he turned to look at Haroun and his other men who were snickering.

"Well in the morning she will be joining all of you in training,"

Hushed murmurs and side glances looked his way.

"But, she will be your target,"

Silently he watched the worried glances and those close to him turn pale their complexion boarding a slight greenish tint.

He shook his head blowing out a deep breath then he continued.

"During this particular training you will show her no mercy," He stopped to look at them.

His stern gaze changed to a warning glare.

"But, I must warn you..none of you are to impact any physical harm to her body,"

Silently he stood for a while as one or two of them looked at eachother.

"So that we are clear M'lord, we are to spar with her but, not bruise or harm her." Ian questioned looking up at Gavins tall form that towered over him.

"Aye, although I know that it is inevitable you must restrain from seriously injuring her, the objective is to bruise her ego.... only," he warned.

Now that it all made sense they all sighed in agreement.

Quickly Haroun spoke up and joined Gavins side.

"But remember we go by the code of chivalry, respect and to honor young woman and in no way or form  this is acceptable outside of training. This my lads is only one time," Narrowing slits of steel eyed Haroun.

Turning to them Gavin agreed.

After a while of belting out more instructions he dismissed everyone.

Turning to walk out the bailey, he could see Haroun leaning against a post.

Ignoring the disappointing look on  his friends face, he walked passed him.

"What are you thinking,Gavin?"

Not answering him Gavin continued walking.

"Nothing good can come of this." He shouted.