Chapter 24

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

"Sorry about..that" I tell him as we load up the game.

"It's fine man, really. I'm not a stupid teenager anymore and if you guys want to be together then so be it, even though it cringes me to think about all the shit you and her have done" he fake gags before laughing.

I laugh with a nod, "So...is there any women in your life?"

"Nah" he smirks and shakes his head.

"I call bullshit"

"It's not, I've only had eyes for one person and well..that didn't work out so I just focus on work and hang around with the guys" he shrugs his eyes boring into the tv.

I clear my throat before asking, "Julia?" I skeptically look at him waiting for his response.

He sighs leaning back, "Why don't you see if you can maybe start talking to her again" I say when he doesn't say anything.

"I can't"

"Why not? Is she engaged or does he have someone?"

"No..not that I'm aware of, it's been like a year or something since I last seen her and she looked happy, and don't to ruin that so I'd rather sit in the sidelines allowing her to be happy while I work my ass off and just do the best I can to live my life" he tosses me an upset look.

"Yeah but you're different, I'm sure you can make her happy if you talked to her and maybe asked her one a date" I encourage.

"Nah..I can't, she's happy"

"Are you?"

"I am if she is, I'd love to talk to her again or take her on a date but she doesn't want that and I'm gonna respect that"

"How do you know she doesn't want that?"

"Because something happened between us a year ago in New York and she.."

"She.." I coax.

"She bailed the next morning"

"So you slept with her and she left you high and dry?"

He scowls my way, "We didn't sleep together, we just talked and I gave her a kiss and then we fell asleep and that was it"

"And you didn't think to call her?" I narrow my eyes.

"Oh really why didn't I think of that!?" He sarcastically says.

"Shut up!" I scoff, "Why didn't you get in touch with her?"

"I did and she apologised coming clean, turns out she thought that night was a mistake and that was that, I'm not gonna push her to be with me or to love me, pretty sure there is another guy though" he picks the control up and huffs, "Can we play now?"