Chapter 30 +

JIMIN POV

I was in a meeting with Mr. Lee. It was really an important one. But the old creep wasn't paying any attention to what I was saying because he was busy gawking at Y/N.

And the way his eyes traced her body and the way he kept smirking at her just didn't feel right. Especially since Y/N was looking down the entire time and trying to avoid all possible contact with him. Ugh… old men! I rolled my eyes.

“So Mr. Lee, these are our conditions and you can go through them if you like.” I said handing him the documents.

He took them and went through them or so I thought but then he said,
“Hmm, I am getting too old for company stuff....”  he chuckled “Do you mind if I borrow your secretary for a little while?”

The way he sentenced his words just wasn't right. Plus why would he need Y/N to read a 2 page document. Nevertheless I agreed. I shouldn't have.

Lee quickly went to the sofa and asked her to go there. He could have just sat on the desk.

He asked her to sit close to him.

“I am not allowed to sit, sir.” She refused. Good girl!

“Really? Jimin, you won't allow your secretary to even sit. Now that I think about it, she looks more  thinner than the last time I saw her. I believe women need to be a little thick. Ha! Does your father know how you treat your secretaries?” He said smiling at her.

I was pissed off. This man was disgusting. And even though I don't really think she has a good character I could say she was really uncomfortable. Nobody deserves to be treated this way. If I had known earlier I wouldn't have let her attend this meeting.

This man was just using his power over her to molest her.

She looked at me. I could say she was pleading.

“Please sit, Y/N. If our guest demands it, do it.”
I said angrily. But I wasn't angry at her. I was angry at myself for letting this happen. I am not that kind of a man. That's not what my father taught me.

I kept a close eye on them.

The dirty man kept shifting closer to her and he slowly touched her knee. He was looking at her sickly.

She passed some sheets to him which he dropped ‘unintentionally’ in front of him.

“Oh I am sorry Y/N-ah, silly me. Could you pick them up for me, dear?”

I swear this man….. how dare he comes to my company and does this to my employees.

‘Don't pick it up, Y/N’

She sighed and got up. Probably because of my words.

'No.'

“Oh my god Y/N, why can't you atleast handle a small task I give you?” I shouted.

She looked at me confused. I'll save you.

“How are you calling yourself a secretary when you can't even hand over a sheet without dropping it down?.. You know what, just get out.”

“Mr. Lee, I'll appoint someone a bit more ‘professional’ to look after you.” I said glaring at her and stressing on the word ‘professional.’ Well, I wanted to glare at Lee but I couldn't.

“N-no Jimin, it's okay. Y/N can help m-” 
Oh screw you Lee. I won't let you touch my employees.

I cut the sick man off ,
“Do you need me to repeat what I said. GET OUT and if you don't mind would you please call Mark to take care of Mr.Lee. Thank you.”

She looked like she would cry. Well, if she was smart enough she would get why I threw her out and appointed Mark, a man, to look after Lee.
Mark would do fine unless Lee was interested in men too.

I'll make sure that Lee never needs to come to the company again.

***********

“Sir, these are the files for today. You need to sign them and submit them by tomorrow.” Her voice sounded exhausted. I looked up at her face. Her eyes and nose were red.

It was because of me. It was because I couldn't protect her.

“Yeah, you can go home.” I said going back to my files.

She turned around to leave.

“Wait.” I called out to her.

She looked back at me as if she was waiting for me to say something.

'I'm sorry.'

“I have more work for you.”

Her face fell. But she nodded, took the files and went.

I sat back on my chair.

No.

This was the girl I've hated all my life. If anything...she deserved it.

I was trying to make her life a hell then I should be happy that this is happening to her.

She's a cunning manipulator.

She's just pretending to be innocent.

She's not really innocent or naive.

She's not!!

Pitying her would be as good as insulting my dead mother...and our once happy family.

_________________________________________