Chapter 22

Arthur's p.o.v

Pops can be overly belligerent, hardheaded and inconsiderate. I got that stubborn behavior from him and I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be the one calming him down and talking him out of doing something he'll undoubtfully regret.

After parking the car right in the middle of the street last night, I hurried to our apartment. He stood up immediately when he saw the look on my face and he didn't hesitate to throw on his jacket and even pushed three guns forcefully on the back of his jeans. He was ready to end lives.

He kept repeating "That's how it is? They come at you?" after I truthfully told him that I was chased in traffic. "You hurt?" he questioned almost every two seconds as if I wasn't able to handle the situation myself.

We were up till 1 am in the living room typing away on our phones. Pops was making some phone calls as I sat there with my phone making sure he didn't leave until he fell asleep.

I, on the other hand, couldn't sleep with all those unanswered questions in my head and I figured that it wasn't a good time to talk about it. Jake being on my mind 24/7, having dreams about me doing some weird shit to him made me curious and I searched it up on the internet. I ended up reading about intimacy between men, different sexualities and, although it's too embarrassing to admit and might even hurt my pride, I watched gay porn.

And it wasn't bad...

So here I am this early in the morning thinking about Jacob Park, my guilty pleasure. I rub my hand over the durag on my head that's protecting my waves. I lazily move to the other side of the bed to get up when the sudden footsteps in the hallway get my attention. 'Must be pops' I think to myself as I hurry to the door.

Unbothered to greet him, I walk into the kitchen and sit on the chair as I purposely slide the chair around to let my presence known. It's funny how I want to talk without any idea how to start the conversation so I sigh in satisfaction when he starts speaking. "James has some connections working with the cops so we'll be going there today for more info" he speaks with his back facing me.

"You wanna come with us?" I hear him ask but I shake my head feeling surprised that he wants to take me with him to talk about business. "We might pay the Mexicans a visit, that could be an exercise for your mischievous ass" he goes on but stops when I'm not showing any interest.

The loud sound of a spoon hitting the sink echoes through the whole room and he clears his throat. "Aight, what's bothering you! What's got your mind off violence" he questions as he moves the chair loudly right across from me and places his cup of coffee on the table. Speechless and in a dumbfounded manner, I sit up avoiding any eye contact.

"You got one of those nasty lil girls pregnant and now you're rethinking life?" he questions waving one arm in my face making me realize that I was staring at the table. "Yeah, you gone have to take care of the both of them and that shit will teach you that a condom is way cheaper than a motherfucking kid" he spits scaring me.

"I ain't got nobody's daughter pregnant" I answer rapidly to stop him before he starts lecturing me. He never stops when he starts with his words of wisdom.

"Then why are you sitting with slumped shoulders looking off as hell" he shrugs with his arms crossed over his chest. "You killed someone?" and I shake my head with a frown.

"I just.....I think I'm digging someone" I truthfully confess and he stares at me in disbelief. "What I'm trynna say is that....I might like this person." He squints his eyes with his hand under his chin as he looks me up and down. "You ain't have to believe me, It's cool."