Pool day

Chapter twenty-six: Pool day (Madison's POV)

It was about five in the evening and we all decided to go for a swim at the club near our house, so we dropped Charlie off at Jacob's grandma's house who lives at the end of the block, and left. 

After he told me he wasn't moving out, I smacked him numerous times. On his arms, shoulders, chest, almost his face, almost. I was so mad because I knew that he didn't try to get out of it earlier and when he saw me getting that upset, he changed his mind. 

He's such an idiot. But he's my idiot, you know?

After that, I kissed him of course. And then we went downstairs and got rid of Julia and then watched a few movies and some episodes of The Office, and now we're headed to the pool. So this day, which started as absolute bullshit, turned out to be a pool day. Nick was driving so I was sitting at the back with Jacob while Riley sat shotgun. 

I sighed while looking out the window before I felt Jacob lock his hand in mine. 

I did kiss him earlier, but I wasn't gonna make this so easy for him. 

I pulled my hand out of his and ignored him the rest of the way there. We got there and split up to go to the changing rooms. "Still ignoring him?" Riley asked me while we grabbed ourselves towels. 

"Yup," I replied nonchalantly. 

"Do you have any idea how much he's been complaining to Nick?" she chuckled while we left our bags in a shared locker. 

"He has?" I asked in confusion. 

"Oh yeah," she laughed while shaking her head. "He's regretting not talking his way out of it earlier and he's feeling really guilty about making you that upset," she replied. 

I put the towel down on the bench while throwing my hair up in a bun. "He'll have to work his way up," I shrugged while holding my hair tie between my teeth before wrapping it around my hair. 

"Have you spoken to Julia?" she asked while tying her hair up. 

"No, why? Did you?" I questioned. 

"I tried," she sighed while turning to face me. "When she came in to move out her stuff, I tried talking to her when you, well- ran out," she huffed. "And I swear to god, Maddie, I have never met a girl so snobby," she rolled her eyes. "She has no guilt or any sign of regret in her. She was so overconfident, knowing that she was gonna walk out with Jacob like this was something she had to win at. I tried asking her why she was causing such drama over something that is not as big of a problem as she's making it out to be but she just..." she trailed off. 

"There's not much we can do anyway, it's just best to avoid her," I sighed while we grabbed our towels and headed out. 

The guys were already there and they seemed to be in conversation so we didn't interrupt and just got into the pool by ourselves. "He's staring," Riley sang while we hung out at one end and the guys were at the other. 

"I don't care," I said mockingly. 

"They're coming over," she said. 

I closed my eyes and sighed before just staying in my spot, still ignoring him while I talked to Riley. Nick came and stole her away so of course, I was left with Jacob. 

"Hey," he came and stood in front of me. 

Silent treatment, Mads. Silent treatment. 

"I see you're still mad," he nodded slowly. His feet could touch the ground and mine couldn't so I was just floating around which allowed him to pull me closer while I couldn't do much to protest.