Chapter 12

Andrea's p.o.v

"Why do we have to go to Avengers tower to get help? I was fine in that hospital in Cali," I groaned whilst laying down on a bed in the plane that Tony ordered for us. "Because you can get the best medical attention in the Avengers tower," Tony groaned, his famous shades sitting on his face. "They stitched me up, I'm fine," I huffed. "We need a more specialised doctor to look at your wounds. So we asked Bruce to come and help out," Steve explained calmly.

I tried to sit up in shock, but Nat held my shoulder so I was still laying down, it only being 24 hours since I had been shot. "Don't sit up, you could hurt yourself more," Nat chastised. "Sorry Sorry, but Bruce? As in Bruce Banner? Hulk!" I exclaimed in shock. "Yes, that Bruce," Steve chuckled.

"Finally I'm gonna meet another Avenger. What about Thor? He's my favor-," I began but was cut off by Tony lifting down his sunglasses to raise his eyebrows at me. "Finish that sentence, kid, and I'll throw you off this plane myself," Tony jokingly threatened.

When silence swallowed over us, I found myself looking at the IV in my arm that was providing me fluids and probably drugs to numb the pain. "Have I ever told you guys I hate needles?" I questioned, looking around the plane to make eye contact with each passenger. "Why?" Steve asked.

"As a kid, whilst I was locked up in the Hydra cells, they would come in and inject me with random things. I felt like a test subject and I'm pretty sure it's what gave me my powers. But every time I've gone near a needle since, it makes me uneasy," I confessed. "I'm sorry that happened to you Andy, but know that we're here to change that for you," Tony smiled warmly, his demeanor changed to soft. He moved to grip my hand in comfort, and I smiled sadly back.

"We'll be landing in 5," a co-pilot told us before walking back to fly the plane with his co-worker. The descent was simple, I'm used to flying as I've visited many countries over the world. I was wheeled off the plane by a bunch of people I didn't know which frustrated me, I'd rather have walked off, but Nat refused to let me walk with my 'condition'.

We arrived inside and went close to the top floor. I was taken into the medical bay where Bruce Banner was waiting for us. "Okay so how many times did she get shot?" He asked, looking at the three other avengers that were now situated outside my bed. "Three times," Nat nodded at the man who then pulled my shirt up. "Hey, take me on a date first," I joked causing the man to blush.

He saw three patches of bandages on my stomach, all had blood seeping through it. "You've burst some stitches, did you not realize?" Bruce questioned me as he began lifting the bandages off. Tony and Steve looked away respectively but when I glanced at Nat she was looking at the wounds with a glint in her eye, an emotion I couldn't quite tell.

"Uh, no, they made sure I was on the good drugs," I chuckled, but winced when I did. "Okay, well we're going to do a couple of scans to make sure there's no fragment of bullets left inside you and that there's no broken bones. I'll restitch you, and please don't move whilst I sort these scans," he informed me. Steve and Tony excused themselves, but Natasha made herself comfy on a chair next to the bed. Yet, she still looked tense and hadn't said many words to me since it happened.

The man who had PHDs in many subjects, quickly stitched me up and left me to go and arrange the different scans, leaving Nat and I alone. I twisted my head so I could face the Black Widow, only to see her staring into space.

"Hey," I whispered, putting my hand out and finding hers before gripping it in mine. This caused her to make eye contact with me for a split second before she looked at our hands. "It wasn't your fault, y'know, I made a split second decision, and my instinct was to save you," I told her.