4. God Bless Radiation

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

            I walked in silence, with the dark haired girl next to me, neither of us feeling the need to talk or move away from each other. It was a comfortable silence, but I wanted to be able to refer to her as something other than the dark haired girl.

            "I'm Lacey." I say to her.

            She looked at me oddly but then shrugged, "Elliot."

            Goggle boy and friend turn around from in front of us with smiles too big for their faces.

            "I'm Jasper." Goggle boy told us.

            "I'm Monty." His friend informed us.

            "Nice to meet you." I smiled.

            "Great, now let's all hold hands and skip around." Elliot remarked irritably.

            I rolled my eyes, but Monty and Jasper laughed actually amused by her comment. Finn picked up three purple flowers, he put the first one in my hair and the other in Octavia's and the other Elliot's, which she surprisingly accepted. Clarke was too far a head to get one.

            I smile brightly as he takes my hand in his, "It's almost as beautiful as my princess."

            I chuckle lightly, I could feel Octavia's hard glare from behind me.

            "Now, that, my friend, is game." Jasper said to Monty.

            "That, my friend, is poison sumac." Monty replied.

            Octavia freaked out, throwing it out of her hair, but Elliot and I were smarter. We both laugh at her.

            "The flowers aren't poisonous." I roll my eyes, "They're medicinal."

            "Calming actually." Monty adds from behind me as he eats one.

            "His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on The Ark." Jasper told us when they looked at him curiously.

            "How do you know what it is?" Monty asks me.

            "I worked in the medical bay for almost two years." I say solemnly.

            "That's where you were? All that time?" Finn asks.

            I nod, "It was either that or be sucked into the black abyss we call space." I say that quietly, no one else could really hear me.

            "Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke snapped.

            I looked up to her and saw I was actually pretty far behind, I felt bad knowing she wanted to get there quickly, but another part wanted to enjoy the journey.

            "Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn asked.

            "Well, it's simple. I wonder, 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on."

            "Someone should slip her some poison sumac." Octavia remarked.

            We all walk a little faster, but remain in our clump.

            "I got to know what you two did to get busted." Finn said to tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

            "Sumac is not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean." Jasper said, "Someone forget to replace what we took."