16. Unsaid

A bucket. 

A bucket, for goodness' sake.

"Is it me or has Jungkook been acting up lately?" Yoongi appears from behind, followed by Namjoon and Jin. They're adorning nothing but a towel around their waist— which makes this all the more embarrassing. 

"Hmm.." Namjoon perks his lips in thought. "He usually doesn't act off that much, unless.."

 "He has a thing for her?" Jin replies wide-eyed.

With that, the group fell silent. Jungkook remains quiet, with the metal bucket atop of his head. 

Yoongi then slowly removes it, revealing a blushing Jungkook, whose eyes diverted anywhere but me. 

"Bingo." Namjoon exerts a smirk. 

Meanwhile, I sat in the water, covering up whatever needs to be covered with my bare hands. I was starting to feel more embarrassed by the minute. Jin notices my state and pulls them away, Jungkook looking blank as a wall. 

He has a thing for her. 

"No way." I mutter to myself, feeling my heart race at the thought. "I cant…"

He's my teacher.

Which precisely, couldn't be the reason why I'm feeling this way. If I did, it was a sin— and I'm not ready to fall deep into hell. 

______________________________________

After the little incident at the bathhouse, I returned quickly to my room. Distracting myself from the thought of Mr Jeon was a hefty task, but I managed to fall asleep to the sound of the rain that poured outside. 

However, a nightmare awakens me and I sat up, gasping for air. 

I've had this dream before. 

The darkest nightmare. The way that monster takes everything away from me— it leaves me in a shudder.

Reoccurring dreams were common to me. But one particularly stuck out as my darkest fear. Everytime I dream of it, my heart accelerates and my lungs gasp for air— a scary experience I never wish on anyone. 

Slightly awake now, I held down my hand so it stops shaking, until—

"You okay?"

A familiar figure appears at my door, his face twisted in worry. His eyes— which were ocean deep, reflects the moonlight that cascaded into the room. He approaches me slowly, realising that I wasn't in a good state. 

"Jimin." I called softly, slightly shaken. 

"I was getting water when I heard someone gasping for air." He explains, sitting down at the edge of my bed. "Are you feeling alright?" 

I look up at him and our eyes lock. His gaze, which was strangely sweet, paralyzes me. 

"I…" my hands begun to shake again. "I had a terrible nightmare." 

He listens quietly, observing my body language. He then places a hand over mine gently, circling his thumb on the palm of my hand. 

"Do you need me to stay with you?" He offers. 

I gulped. "If you don't mind.." I say, tucking myself back into bed. 

Jimin smiles slightly, before ruffling my hair with his hand. "I don't mind at all, Serin." 

"After all, I'm your teacher."

And at that moment, it seemed as if, almost as if, Jimin wanted to put up a wall. 

So it's safe between us.

So his feelings are left unsaid. 

A/N:

Yo I've been so obsessed with wannabe by itzy lately that I dyed my hair to look more like ma gurl ryujin