45

"You ready?" Zach asks knocking on Maddie's door which she quickly opens

"You ready?" Zach asks knocking on Maddie's door which she quickly opens. "Yeah, good morning." She says with a smile and Zach smiles back as he watches her grab her bags. "You look pretty good, considering last night." Zach says and Maddie shrugs lightly. "I guess I really can't blame Jessica and it was bound to turn out bad I don't know what I was hoping for, her to be all happy when someone told her she was raped?" Maddie asks rolling her eyes realizing how ridiculous she sounded. "Well, she had no right to be mad at you. You didn't know until a day ago and you were the first one to try and get people to tell her." Maddie scrunched her eyebrows looking up to her brother confused on how he got the information.

"What?" Zach asks smiling. "I talk to Justin, plus our rooms are pretty close." Zach says laughing.

"Maddie! Zach! Breakfast is ready!" Once again Maddie scrunches her eyebrows looking up at her brother. "Uh, yeah, I guess family breakfasts are back, at least for now." Maddie nodded, honestly even though they weren't thrilled they both knew deep down they did kind of miss how they used to act like modern family.

Sitting down and beginning to eat Karen pulls out a package that came in the mail and read through it before talking. "I'm suprised at Andy and Olivia. I'm sure they miss Anna." She begins but Zach quickly cuts her off not even apologizing for how harsh his tone was. "Hannah." Maddie looked down slightly, she wished there was something he could do to help comfort him through his loss but honestly there wasn't much she could do, and they both knew that.

"Hannah, of course." She says sliding the papers back in and setting the package on the table as she looks to her teenage children. "But this is a witch hunt." Sighing Maddie leans back in her chair. She wasn't exactly sure what it was about but she knew that she didn't want to testify to anything, if they took her on that stand she knew she'd be ripped apart from every aspect and she didn't want that. "I don't know." Zach says sighing spinning his spoon in his hand, the whole thing was really starting to take a toll on Zach and everyone could tell.

"They're wasting their time. You didn't do anything. You two aren't those kinds of kids." Karen says looking at her children and Maddie brings her hand to latch onto Zach's the way she would when she was a child. She was well aware of the fact she was a teen now but they both benefited from each others comfort. "I know how kind the two of you are. I see you you two take care of each other and your sister, and how kind you are to other kinds. I see it at all the games, the way most of those kids look up to you two." Maddie looks down, if that was true, would she even want that? "You guys aren't going to jail are you?" May asks looking up from her breakfast, speaking up for the first time making everyone look over to her.

"They're not going to jail." Karens chuckles at her youngest child. "How well did the two of you even know this girl?" She questions turning back to the teens who sat quietly debating on what to say. "I asked her out once." Zach admits with a small nod and Karen nods as well looking over to Maddie. "We hung out a couple times, mostly when Zach was trying to ask her out, she wanted to know what kind of guy he was. But, then we just, stopped." Maddie says sighing looking down and Karen nods again pleased with their answers.