VI: meet the gang

saturday

On weekends, I usually allow my body to wake up naturally instead of being forced by a blaring alarm clock. Today, I woke up around 9am.

"I wonder if I have food for breakfast," I question as I make my way over to my fridge, searching for food. Unfortunately, an empty fridge stares back at me. Looks like I'll need to do some grocery shopping today.

I head over to my bathroom to get ready for the day. I looked out my window and notice that it looks like a nice autumn day.

After getting dressed in some jeans and a plain white tee, I put my sneakers on, grab my purse and some reusable shopping bags, and head out the door.

As I drive around looking for a cafe to have breakfast, I pass by a cafe called 24/7 Heaven and immediately think of Sora.

"Is this her cafe?" I pull into the parking lot and park my car. I hope I remembered the name correctly as I enter the cute little cafe.

"MS.LEE!?" I hear a familiar little boy's voice yell from behind the counter. I look forwards and see Noah running full speed at me. I close my eyes as I brace for the impact. To my surprise, I feel two sets of arms wrap around my hips instead of one.

That's weird. Did Noah suddenly grow another pair of arms since I saw him yesterday? Giggling at the thought, I crack open my eyes and look down at the tiny human, or should I say humans.

"Hi, Noah! Hi, munchkin!" I excitedly greet Noah and Chunhei as they stay wrapped around my hips.

"Kids! Let go of YN!" I hear a female voice coming from the back kitchen. Sora emerges from the back, carrying a steaming plate of muffins. The two kids whine but eventually let go, giggling at the sight of their teacher.

"Morning! I was hoping I got the cafe right," I greet Sora as I walk up to the counter. From the corner of my eyes, I notice Yoongi and Jin sitting at a nearby table, along with 5 other men and a little girl. I turn my body towards them and wave at the men.

"You're just in time! The gang always comes here on Saturdays for breakfast! Join us," Sora says, untying her apron and walking over to the group. She beckons me to come closer. Shyly, I approach the group as they all warmly smile at me.

"YN! We're so glad you decided to stop by! Now you can join our gang," Jin welcomes as he offers me an empty seat.

"No! I want YN to sit next to me," Chunhei shouts, pulling me to sit next to Yoongi while she sits on his lap.

"Min Chunhei! It's Ms. Lee to you," Yoongi scolds, smiling sheepishly at me.

"It's okay, munchkin! As long as you go back to calling me Ms. Lee in class." I smile at the pouting little girl.

"Is this the cute primary school teacher you were texting us about, Yoongi hyung," A man sitting across from Yoongi pipes up, flashing you a giant bunny smile.

"YAH! Shut up, Jungkook," Yoongi leans across the table, trying to smack the man. I blush heavily from his comment.

"Great job, Kookie," Sora laughs, taking a seat next to Jin, "Another girl has a chance of being a part of our group and you mess it up already! Anyways, YN, meet the guys. Guys, meet YN. Please be nice so she stays."

"Wait what? I was just here for some breakfast," I giggle awkwardly.

"Too late, you're one of us now," Yoongi leans in and whispers to me.

"Introduce yourselves, idiots!" Jin scolds, taking a bite of a muffin.

"YN, what do you want to eat?" Sora asks, getting up from her seat.

"Just an americano and whatever baked good you recommend."

"Give her the banana muffin, Aunt Sora!" Chunhei suggests, climbing off her father's lap and proceeding to climb into my own. I shift around and allow her to get comfortable. I wrap my arms around the little girl as she relaxes and leans into me.

"Coming right up!"

"Hi! I'm Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi," A happy voice speaks up from the other side of the table. I look over and take a good look at him. He's smiling happily at me and I instantly feel happier looking at him. This man looks like the sun reincarnate. I like him already.

"I'm Taehyung, or Tae," The man sitting besides Hoseok speaks. I mentally jump at how deep his voice is compared to Hoseok's. He flashes a boxy smile at me as his brown wavy hair falls over his eyes. His facial features are sharp and when he isn't smiling, he looked quite intimidating.

"Hey! I'm Park Jimin," The man besides Tae speaks. Sitting down, you notice how he's a few centimeters shorter than the rest of the men around the table. He smiles brightly, eyes crinkling into crescents.

"I'm Jungkook, but the kids call me Uncle Bunny," The boy who previously spoke earlier introduced. He flashed a bunny smile at me, Chunhei giggling in my lap as he does so.

"Hi! I'm Namjoon and this is Haru, she's 4 years old and loves nature," The last man introduces himself and his daughter. His smooth and calming voice is a complete opposite from Hoseok's excited one, but you found yourself appreciating each person's different aura.

"Hi unni," A quiet voice comes from the tiny girl sitting on Namjoon's lap. She has short hair and blunt cut bangs across her head. Her cheeks resemble tiny loaves of bread, but not as squishy as Chunhei. You mentally awe at her shy personality.

"Hi, little one! It's nice to meet you," I wave at Haru, sending her a tiny smile. She shoots back a dimpled smile and I immediately fall greater in love with the little girl. She giggles at my response and wiggles in her dad's lap, making grabby arms at me.

I adjust Chunhei so she's sitting on my left thigh. I notice that Yoongi has handed her a bagel to munch on. Haru wiggles off Namjoon's lap, scurrying to sit on my right thigh. I easily lift her up and adjust her so she sits comfortably on my lap. I place my right arm around her back for support. Haru looks up at my face, examining it. To my surprise, the little girl leans up and places a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"Awe, thank you, honey," I awe out loud at the loving gesture from the little girl.

"She loves you already," Yoongi points out, watching as you easily juggle both Haru and Chunhei. He leans towards you, wiping some cream cheese off Chunhei's mouth.

"Kitten, eat neater, please. I didn't bring extra clothes and you're a big girl now," He tells Chunhei as she gets cream cheese all over her face again.

"Yah! Bugger off, kids! YN needs to eat her breakfast," Sora comes back with my food in her hands.

Namjoon, who was previously engrossed in a conversation with Taehyung about his bonsai trees, now notices that his daughter is not in his lap.

"Haru?!"

"I've got her, Namjoon," You giggle, handing the little girl back to her father.

"I'm surprised she likes YN already. You really are part of our group now. You can't back out," Jimin speaks up, eyes crinkling once again.

"I think I'm okay with staying," I respond, sipping on my americano.

A chorus of cheers erupt from the whole table as I laugh and pick up the banana muffin Sora had given to me.

Who would've thought a normal Saturday would end up with me making 5 new friends, plus Haru?