15

[15

[15. METALBENDING CHAMPION!]

After that, Lin and Suyin had a small talk. Apparently they worked things out. No more fighting.

"Hey, I'm going to call Tenzin on the temple radio! You can ask about your brother" Korra said, smiling. You nodded and followed her inside.

"Are you alright? Were are you?!", Tenzin's anxious voice was heard from the radio. Mako leaned on the wall, resting his body. You did the same, while Bolin was standing right next to Korra.

"With Beifong's sister in Zaofu. We are totally safe, unless we get caught in another fight between Su and Lin" Korra said and rolled her eyes. You let out a little chuckle.

"Lin willingly took you to her sister?!" Tenzin asked in shock.

"Not exactly. We got a call from a new airbender and it turned out to be Su's daughter, Opal! She'll be headed your way soon" Korra announced happily.

"Really?! That's wonderful!"

"She is wonderful! Aand pretty and so smart! And she smells like flowers!" Bolin grabbed the microphone and talked. His cheeks became pink. You smiled at the scene. It was cute.

"S-sorry.. Bolin out!" He said and laughed, stepping away. You pushed yourself off the wall and walked over to Korra. You felt Mako's gaze on you.

"Hi Tenzin. So how's the training going? How is Kai? I hope he isn't causing too much trouble" You said and rested your hand on the table.

"Hello Y/n! Kai is great. Him and Jinora are getting along.. The training is not going well, I'm afraid. No one seems to be interested in the hard work required to become a part of the Airnation." Tenzin sounded disappointed. Honestly, you were expecting this kind of answer. It must be hard for all those people. They left their homes and their families behind. Plus, waking up one day and suddenly be able to airbend is crazy.

"You need to give yourself a break. Let Jinora and the kids help you out! And what about Bumi? He was a navy commander, maybe he has some ideas on how to get people motivated" Korra gave him advice and sighed.

"Bumi?! He's my worst student!" Tenzin spoke and huffed.

"Yeahhh, but he loves to organize people. If you ask him for help, you can trick him into taking more responsibility by making him think the whole thing was his idea" The Avatar said and laughed.

"Hm, that actually sounds like a good plan. You're turning into a pretty wise Avatar, after all.", Tenzin stated proudly.

"Conflict resolution. It's what I do", Korra said and smirked.

-

It was getting kind of late, so you all headed to our rooms. Asami was fast asleep. You, on the other hand, couldn't sleep at all.

Huffing loudly, You got up from the bed and decided to walk around and take some fresh air. The door creaked as you opened it and the sound must have woken up Asami.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" Asami whispered, rubbing her eyes. "It's not even morning yet"

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. I'm really stressed  and I couldn't sleep, so I was going to take a walk" You explained and gave her an apologetic smile.

"Oh.. would you like me to come with you?" She nicely offered, yawning. 

"No, no, it's okay. You can go back to sleep" you declined, chuckling.

"Mhm ok then. Be careful" She mumbled, before getting under the covers again. You got out and closed the door behind you, trying not to make any noise.

The cold air hit your exposed skin, making you shiver. You enjoyed the slight breeze, though. Taking a few deep breaths, calming yourself down.

After walking around for some minutes, you decided to go back to your room but you noticed a dark figure moving, not very far away.

You squinted my eyes, trying to recognize the person but it was too dark for you. It was probably a guard or something. Maybe I should let it go and head back to my room, you thought. Until you heard a familiar voice. Aiwei's.

Unfortunately, you couldn't understand what he was saying or who he was speaking with. It's none of my business, I should head back, you thought again. Curiosity killed the cat, isn't that what they say?

You went back to your room, finding Asami sleeping peacefully. You was still not tired for some reason.

-

next morning

You were sitting in a corner, watching Korra and Bolin practicing metalbending with the Beifong twins. Sadly, Bolin had a difficult time learning how to bend metal. You hadn't taken any sleep last night but you managed to be fine.

"I can't believe I'm sparring with the Avatar!" Wing enthusiastically said, dodging one of Korra's hits. You watched the Avatar in amazement, she was really good!

"I can't believe I'm stuck with her friend!" Wei complained and rolled his eyes. Bolin still wasn't able to metalbend and Wei was getting bored.

"Come on Bolin! I'm sure you can do it! I believe in you!" You cheared him up, clapping. He gave you a toothy smile.

"Hang on! I think I got it! Let me just try this" Bolin shouted, grabbing a piece of metal with his hands. "ugh- no! okay, maybe if i- OUCH!"

Wei hit Bolin with two huge pieces of metal. "Trial by fire! It's the best way to learn airbending!" Wei yelled and smirked. Then, Bolin got annoyed. He bended a rock off the ground and threw it on Wei's face.

Mako and Asami came up to you.

"Ohh! Nice shot Bolin! But I thought you were supposed to be practicing metalbending, not earthbending" Mako said and laughed.

"Yeah! Cheater!" Wei commented.

"Hey! Bolin is trying his best!" You defended him and stood up.

"Thank you Y/n! Mako, metalbending is extremely difficult. No one gets it right away, if they can get it at all! Its not normal!" Bolin said and huffed.

Korra managed to tackle Wing down with the metal wires and win their "fight".

"Woohoo! Metalbending champion!" The Avatar cheered and flexed her arm muscles.

"Okay sure! She's the Avatar!" Bolin said and pointed at Korra.

"Guys its time to get cleaned up. Tonight's Opal's farewell dinner" Asami reminded you.

"Ugh! Now I gotta say bye to Opal?! This is the worst day ever!" Bolin exclaimed and pouted.

"Don't worry Bolin, you'll get to see her again" you said and placed your hand on his shoulder.