XV|"Enjoy my parting gift,"

*not edited*

One year ago

"He's here, on his own, fourth street, go into the ally way and you should find a door, it's open," the kid whispered into the phone.

Cayden didn't bother responding back and cut the phone, but before he could put it back in his pocket, the phone rang again.

E.K calling...

He picked the phone up, bringing up to his ear, "what?"

"Where are you?" The man on the other end asked.

"I have a lead," Cayden quickly said, keeping a watch out for anything suspicious.

"A lead? Are you sure it's not a trap? Is it from that kid?" E kept questioning, "give us the location, we're coming,"

"No," Cayden firmly stated, "this is my business and I'll take care of it," It was his fight.

"It's not safe!" The other guy warned, "we'll keep a watch out,"

"I said no!" Cayden cut the phone, not wanting to waste any more time. He knew it wasn't safe and that's exactly why he didn't want anyone else's involved, even if he later come to regret this decision, at least he'll have protected them.

He put the phone on silent and slots it back into his jacket pocket, making his way to the location.

Once he was at least a few minutes away from the ally way, he looked around, trying to spot the hidden lookouts, taking note of each location.

Across the street.

Cafe.

Rooftop

His head was telling him that this had to be a trap but he needed answers and he also had to save that kid, get him away from that monster.

He pulled his phone back out of his pocket, leaving behind one last text message before slotting it back in.

Taking a deep breath, he decided it was now or never. Cayden walked into the ally, standing outside the door, his hand hovering over the handle just when he was about to open the door, it was pulled open from the inside.

"Cayden!" The kid whisper yelled, "you're here," Cayden watched as the kids face lit me, hopefully.

The bruising around his eye had gone down compared to the last time Cayden saw him, his bronze hair was sat messily atop, he still looked a little ruff. 

Cayden nods, "I'm here kid, we'll get you out, where's-"

The kid surprised Cayden by rushing forward and pulling him into a hug, "thank you so much," the kid held onto him tightly.

Finally letting go, he pointed inside, "he's inside, shall I come with you?"

Cayden took note of the nervous look on the boy's face and shook his head, "no, you stay outside, it's not safe for you to leave yet, so just wait for me out here," the kid nods, watching as Cayden walks inside.

It was dark, Cayden could hardly see where he was going until finally, a bright light lit on the other end and his jaw clenched as he saw who it was.

"Warren," Cayden called out bitterly, his eyes narrowed down on the suspect.

The other chuckled, "ahh, Cayden, you never learn, do you? That's not my name,"

Cayden ignored him and decided to jump straight to business, "then you know why I'm here,"

Warren tutted, "Answers, answers, we all want them but can't seem to ever find them,"

"Stop playing games, I know you have exactly what I need," Cayden gritted out.

"Fine, let's say I did have what you need, what exactly are you planning on doing with that detail?" Warren asked, not bothered by the others growing anger.

Cayden narrowed his eyes at the man, "that's none of your business,"

Warren laughed again, "oh, but I think it is," 

Cayden was done asking nicely, he was about to reach behind him to grab his gun when he noticed something move to his right, it was a very subtle movement, but his eyes caught it.

He slowly put his hand down and decided it was safer to just keep him talking, his timer was set for an hour.

"And why exactly is that?" Cayden asked,

Warren smirked, "well, I did start all this, didn't I? It was me that brought you where you are today,"

Cayden's jaw twitched, "you know damn well that's bullshit, we all know how I got here, you were just a mere pawn. But I wouldn't have even been here in the first place if you hadn't done what you did," Warren was half to blame for who Cayden is today, the other half, he had no idea where they were.

"I think you have it the wrong way around," an ugly smile appeared on the others face, as it lit up evilly, "All those year ago you left me with a little parting gift," he traced the scar on his cheek, "now it's my turn."

He continued with that wicked expression on his face, "you were always going to be here Cayden, see my dear old brother made one little mistake, he just happened to take the wrong boy. He lied to you, Cayden!" What?

Cayden stood there frozen, his face wiped off any emotion, watching the other man's ugly smile widen as he let out a laugh.

"Enjoy my parting gift," the last words he heard before all the lights turned off, he heard the sounds of doors being closed.

Cayden frantically looked around, walking backwards he quickly turned around remembering the way he came in, he followed his steps back to the door and that's when he heard the sound of sirens on the other end.

The door was pushed open causing Cayden to stumble back as the red and blue lights reflected onto his face, he saw the cops with their gun raised at him.

Holding his hands up, he cursed, "that son a bitch,"

Cayden was later charged with possession of cocaine, that he didn't know he was even carrying.

So how did that get there?

- Authors Note -

Hey guys, hope you all are well.

Thank you for reading, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter 💕

Stay safe my loves 💕

(They're coming back!!)