35🔥 "Have you ever heard of shadow soulmates?"

Yoongi laughed as he and Songhee just gossiped about anything that came to mind, the two just hanging out in Songhee's room until they had to head to dinner; they had no classes today.

Hayoon was sitting on her bed, just reading a book placidly as she heard Songhee giggle, the sound caused her to smile subconsciously.

Once Yoongi noticed that he and Songhee didn't have much else to speak about, he decided to bring up something he's never really mentioned out loud but it has been on his mind a lot lately.

He didn't care that Hayoon was there too.

Yoongi is well aware of the make out sessions the two have been sharing, Songhee telling him all about it.

"Songhee," said female hummed so Yoongi knew she was listening, "with Hoseok, I always feel this type of tug and I don't mean that metaphorically. I literally feel a physical tug that tries to pull me towards him. I have no clue if he feels it too, but lately it has been yanking harder and harder whenever i'm around him. To the point it physically hurts me, but whenever we get close it relents a bit; when we held hands it went away completely and it's just weird, I don't know what it is and I haven't really talked about it properly."

Songhee was at a loss for words, she didn't even know what it was and she was an avid reader and re-searcher.

Hayoon, who had been listening, called, "Yoongi," said male turned to face her, "Have you ever heard of shadow soulmates?"

Yoongi shook his head, Songhee's eyebrows furrowed.

"Can I?" Hayoon gestured towards the bed, the two nodded, Songhee scooting over so Hayoon could sit next to her, which she did gladly.

Yoongi didn't care that Hayoon knew about what he and Hoseok were doing, it wasn't like she was going to say anything.

Once she was seated, Yoongi gestured for her to continue, "Shadow soulmates are two people, doesn't matter gender, who look at an eclipse at the exact same time, same hour, minute, second. When they do, a shadow casts over them, this shadow identical for both people because of the time. Since the two look at the eclipse at the same time, the position of the sun and moon are the same, creating the same shadow. This links these people together, not linking them as in they feel the same things or think the same things, but as in the universe deems they are meant to be together, sealing them as romantic soulmates, and creates these circumstances where they will eventually meet." Hayoon paused for a moment, amused by how intrigued Songhee and Yoongi were.

She continued, "When these two people make direct eye contact, as in they're both staring at each other with the intention to look, the pull between them is awakened. This pull is the two shadows trying to touch each other, their shadows, it doesn't matter if there is light or not, the shadows are always there with them. The pull hurts because the shadows want to be together, near each other, touching, so when the two get close, it relents. This only happens to very, very, few people and I think you and Hoseok are shadow soulmates. Because if you feel it, then he does too."

Yoongi was speechless, his heart pounding.

He and Hoseok were... soulmates?

It would make sense, there was an eclipse when they were both young but he didn't think it'd affect his life.

Could that be the reason they can touch? Because they're meant to be together?

Were Akane and Joonwae shadow soulmates too?

Then how did they die?

A multitude of questions were going through Yoongi's head, causing him to become a bit light headed.