Lover Boy

an: i hope you all like this mODERN day tommy imagine :-)

"Why did you want to do this again?" He asked as I placed the final bit of dry cloth to the floor.

Tommy popped open the can of paint and poured a bit into the paint tray.

To be fair, I didn't know why I wanted us to paint together. Especially since we were both fairly busy people - with him running his empire and me trying to get through my last year of university. I guess I thought this could be a pretty romantic thing, but the more I look at Thomas in his worn out sweatpants and relaxed shirt, I can't help but wonder if he's good at painting.

He leans down and fills the tray with the beautiful light grey paint, we decided to go on a grey for our new bedroom to match the walls of our new living room in our new home.

I hold my breath as I press my brush into the tray and begin to coat the wall just as Thomas does the other side.

"We could have hired someone to do this, love." He mentions, with a cigarette in his mouth and his roller-thing in his other hand. He huffs and puffs, much like he does whenever we go grocery shopping, or I push him into walking with me. We have maids for a reason love, we have a home-gym, there is no reason for us to walk outside, love. Blah blah blah. It's all rubbish to me.

Before meeting Thomas, I didn't care to be in a relationship with anyone. Although he wasn't the first man I had sex with, he was the first man I called my boyfriend.

I still remember the first time I met him. He was the guest speaker during one of my lectures, I instantly was drawn to him. With his good looks and obvious drive, I shook his hand by the end of the lecture and introduced myself. He had asked me to join him for dinner with my professor and himself. It was love at first sight, and nearly two years later and we're still madly in love with each other. Oh! And I'm engaged!

Although this was my first relationship, there were a lot of flawed things about Tommy that I had to address. Like his easy access to large sums of money, and using it as some sort of benefit to a relationship. He was very willing to splurge on me, for the sake of our relationship. We'd get into an argument, and he'd resort to apologizing by buying me a Prada bag that I couldn't get less of a crap about. The point was, although I was well inexperienced, I still knew right from wrong when it came to relationships.

I don't lie to him, "I thought it would be fun for us to do this together," I look over my shoulder and smile as he puts in work. Running the roller over the wall, up and down. I convinced him to take off Friday and Monday to help me with painting. Weekends, he already had off as a result of our balanced relationship. Weekdays were for business and school, and weekends were for us. Just like I had the weekends off from school. It was a mutual understanding, he and I had.

A mutual understanding that made me smile from ear to ear at the thought. Thomas caught of glimpse of my smile and stopped what he was doing, "Why are you smiling at me like that?" He asks, smirking helplessly. I still can't believe I get to look at that handsome face everyday.

"Because you're just so darling," I tell him before retreating to the tray, I bend over and get my brush wet against before heading back to my designated wall. Across from Tommy, I coat the wall again and smile, "This is nice, isn't it?"

With my soft music from one of my favourite musicians John Legend playing in the back, I can't help but hum softly, content with the fact that it's just him and I.

"I guess so." He stops and takes a step back, looking around. "You like this house, then?"

With my paid internship at a journalism firm in London, I was able to help pay for a sliver of this house in the city. It was embarrassing to not be able to help as much as he did in paying for this house, but Tommy reassured me that the money he has was going to be ours soon enough. Plus, he called the house a gift since I'll be finished school soon. Painting the wall, I get lost in my thoughts and break into a smile. He chose a house with three rooms, because ideally, that's how many babies we want. Three little ones roaming around, living their best lives because mum and dad can provide and love them so much.

"You know I love this house, baby." I tell him, breaking into a smile.

I turn around and gasp the moment he grabs me by the hips. My paintbrush drops out of my hand and I melt against his lips. I get lost in his kisses far too easily. My eyes flutter shut as he holds my chest against his, kissing me passionately. My hands raise into his hair, and I soften against his touch as his fingers slowly reach for me under my shirt. Then, in the midst of it all, as his tongue touches mine, does he lift me and press me against the wall. The wet wall, with paint, wet, paint.

"Thomas!" I shout, feeling my hair stick to the wall. I nearly push him off of me if he hadn't taken such a large step back from me. I look at the back of my shirt and gasp, I'm covered in grey paint, and to make things worse, my body has stained the wall. Breaking into giggles, he raises his hands defensively, "I'm sorry!" He laughs, covering his mouth with his hand, "I got carried away! Jesus, you're covered in it."

"You literal shit." I bark, looking down at my hair that is thick with paint. I look down and see the roller on the floor and reach for it before he can reach for me.

"Oi!" He shouts, his voice echoing throughout our mighty house. Pointing a finger at me, he can't help himself from giggling more. "Don't you dare."

"Oh please!" I laugh, also picking up the paintbrush. I've got two different types of weapons to attack ya, now. "Come here, eye for an eye."

"Didn't you study ethics in uni?" He rasps, still raising his hands. "An eye for an eye makes the world go blind."

"No this is just." I murmur, and finally, just as he's about to pounce onto me, do I do the deed, covering his neck, chest and stomach with grey paint. He gasps, and I laugh grabbing a glob of paint from the tray and showering his hair with it.

"My, Mr. Shelby, you're so grey!" I laugh shamelessly poking fun at our slight age gap. I serenade him with kisses as my hands snake around his neck, "I love you so," I whisper, brushing my nose against his.

He grabs a handful of my hair, and tilts my head back, nipping the bottom of my lip, he touches the bottom of my t-shirt and pulls it up. Hooking his fingers around my underwear, he smirks down at me. "What am I going to do with you?" He asks me.