Twenty One

"...you'll be fine, just take it for a easy for a couple days, okay?" Sylvie asked as she finished patching up the cut under my chin, it didn't need stitches but it would more than likely leave a small scar, wonderful.

"You got it doc." I smiled small, meeting her eyes briefly before my eyes went back to the ground as my thoughts wondered to Olive.

"Hey, everything okay?" Jays voice made me jump slightly as he appeared from round the side of the ambo, eyes filled with concern as he looked down at me.

"She's good to go, I've glued the back of her head and she's got a couple butterflies under her chin." Sylvie told him. "She might have a small scar when it's healed but other than that she'll be absolutely fine." She smiled patting my shoulder before she left us two alone.

"You okay?" He asked taking a seat beside me on the back of the Ambo. "I mean, you know, considering." He added awkwardly, scratching his stubble lightly.

"I'm fine." I said quietly, my attention focused on Hank who was currently trying to get hold of Olive.

I watched as he shook his head angrily, pulling the phone away from his ear and ramming it into his pocket before he sighed, looked at me for a second and made his way over, Adam, Kev, Antonio and Al coming over aswell.

"Straight to answerphone." He grumbled. "Anything from patrol?" He asked looking over to Adam.

"Nothing, her place was empty but the door was unlocked." He told us scratching the back of his neck.

"We've gotta find her." I said quietly making all heads swivel down to me. "They nearly killed me in there, how do we know that he didn't do the same to Olive? We've gotta find her Hank." I said, almost begging as I looked up into the worried eyes of my father.

"Alright." He sighed nodding. "Antonio, Ruzek, head back to the precinct and see if you can get a ping on her phone, Al." He instructed looking over at his long time friend.

"I'll talk to my CI's see if can find something." Al nodded without needing to be told anything by Hank.

"Halstead, stay with her, make sure she takes it easy." He instructed nodding at Jay but avoiding my eye completely.

"What? You can't just bench me!" I exclaimed standing up so I was more eye level with him. "I have to help find her!"

"We've got it under control, go home and get some rest." He muttered, turning and starting to walk away.

"Hank!" My call fell on deaf ears as he continued to walk away. "Dad! Please!" I cried making him stop in his tracks, everyone's faces turning slightly shocked as I'd never called him dad while they were around.

"You stay at the district, someone with you at all times." He called turning round and looking at me briefly before he carried on his way.

"Let's go." I muttered leaving the shocked faces, not wanting to see the sympathy in their eyes, I didn't need it, I just needed to know that Olive was safe.

—————
Keeping my head down I quickly tried to make my way through the lobby without being spotted by Trudy, I didn't want to have to face her just yet, she had always told me that she didn't want me to be a cop because she couldn't stand to see me get hurt.

"Hey! Nu-uh, you get your butt over here." He voice rang through the room, catching multiple peoples attention but I knew those words were meant for me.

Sighing quietly I turned to face her with a small smile on my face, her only raising an eyebrow in a way that said she wasn't about to fall for the 'I'm fine' crap that I was definitely going to try.