Chapter 50 : Love Is Hope

"Jungkook!" I hissed, his grip on my arm is rather electrifying than painful.

I glared at him for a while before we both heard the bus driver faking a cough. Swiping my bus pass on the machine, I break away from Jungkook and find myself a decent seat in the middle.

As expected, Jungkook sat next to me and I just focused on the window to ignore him. "Deonne, talk to me," Jungkook spoke. Instead of doing what he said, I swiped my phone open and played some music after connecting my earphones to it.

When he saw what I did, he plucked my earphones out. "Hey!" I exclaimed.

"Dude, no offense but you're acting like a dick," Jungkook remarked. He snatched my phone from me as well and kept it inside his pockets. 

"Thanks for reminding me," I rolled my eyes.

"I thought we already dealt with all of these last night?" He asked. "You're being ridiculous."

"Thanks for the compliment," I ignored, my face is still tilted on the window. A few seconds after that, Jungkook finally gave up on talking some sense to me.

I don't get why he is so frustrated at me and not at his pesky girlfriend. I mean, she was the one who provoked me last night and now I get all the lectures from Jungkook. He is the one being unfair here, having favoritism is a form of injustice.

As soon as I got into my stop, I pulled the yellow cord on my side to request a stop to the driver. Jungkook didn't stand up, so I did. I dropped from the bus and went straight to the convenient store.

Grabbing myself a grocery basket, I snatched every pack of chips that I like on the stands and shelves.

"Buy me this too," I jolted from my place when Jungkook suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He shoots the pack of dried seaweeds in my basket.

While he is not looking, I placed the seaweeds back on the shelf and acted normally. Picking a good brand of butter inside the freezers, the basket hanging on my arm suddenly became too heavy that I can't lift it properly.

I looked at what the guy placed inside and saw that he placed two boxes of banana milk. This time, I carried the basket with both hands while I find the proper timing to discard the boxes out of it.

Jungkook was trailing behind me after abruptly placing more dried seaweeds in my basket. He must've noticed how I'm struggling with the heavy basket but all he offers is restlessness and trouble.

The moment I reached the cashier, he is still following me. Next, I was having a difficult time lifting the heavy basket on the counter. Thankfully Jungkook takes the initiative and helped me put it up. "For a man, you're weak." He deadpanned. I ignored his lousy comment and opened my wallet but I was too late when Jungkook already paid for it using his card.

If he is just going to give me numerous insults about my wellbeing and make me feel a lot more horrible then I'd rather ignore him completely. Grabbing the plastic bags containing my groceries, I walked out. 

Speculating that he might be thinking that I'm going back straight to the dorms, I took a different street and wandered around. I'm not worried that I will get lost, I've already lived in Seattle for a year. 

There was a nearby shopping mall so I stopped by. I left my groceries on the baggage storage of the mall and roamed around and did some window shopping.

A shop for women's clothes suddenly caught my attention, especially the red dress displayed on a mannequin. I went inside the shop and browsed the cloth.

This dress will probably look better on girls like Vanessa and not me. Remembering that name, I snorted. Contrary to that belief, I think it will look good on me if my body matures... a bit more. Without further ado, I took out my credit card that I rarely use and swiped it on the cashier for the lovely red dress.